Saturday, October 11, 2008

Recycling King and Queen...

Daron and Kaitlin have really wanted to get more serious about the recycling around here and let's face it...we need to do our part. It's been harder since living in Queen Creek because they don't have recycling receptacles, which I will never understand! Anyway, Daron offered to take the trash out as many times a day as it takes in order to use the back trash for cans & other recycling and the front one only for the rest of the trash. I thought that was cute. Kaitlin wanted to help crush cans and couldn't figure out how Dad was doing it with one hand, sometimes against his head!!!!! Her face in this pic is priceless!!!! So, since it was Daron's idea to get serious about this and his extra time and effort to take out the trash, and the girls are on the bandwagon to help make sure stuff gets thrown away properly, they will split the proceeds from any of the soda cans at least... 50% Daron, 25% each for the girls. And, he went online and looked up different places in our area that do all of the different recycling.









4 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

sounds like your kids are green! Grumpy is the green guy in our family. too funny.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I am proud of them, I know how hard it is for us-we do it-but if we didn't have the blue trash can we wouldn't be as good about it I am sure!

Jacque said...

Maybe they should taked trash cans to a few people out here in QC and then pick them up once a month and make money on that....If you gave people a list I bet they would do it!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you, Daron and Kaitlin! Keep it up.