
Yesterday and today the weather has been nicer than normal. The temp has gone done, especially in the evening and morning, and there's been a breeze pretty regularly out here in queen creek. Kevin loves to open the sliding door and the windows during nice weather and so do I. I was sitting there feeding Emersyn her morning bottle and felt the breeze through the house and it reminded me of when I lived with Nan & Pop or stayed there for weekends. They always opened up the front and back doors during nice weather in the early mornings of weekends and played their favorite music. I remember Don Ho (spelling?) playing when I would wake up and the house felt so cool. One of Nan's favorite songs was something about how one of the lovers was going to "visit" the other "down there" from heaven and it's a funny, quirky song and very cute!!! Anyway, Nan would get a kick out of that music and it made her happy. That's what I am remembering today!
2 comments:
I don't remember ever hearing that song, but speaking of weather around here. I tell people that when I die, if I don't make it to heaven, and go south of the angels, at least I'll already be acclamated for the weather, since I live in Arizona! LOL!
I know the song you are remembering. She always used to say that it was about her and Papa. If she didn't make it to heaven, he would come stay with her wherever she was. I remember the open doors and the mood in the house this time of year. That's probably why I'm such a basket case these days. Can't seem to stop crying. This too will pass…I hope.
Post a Comment