Thursday, October 16, 2008

Monkey Girl, Maddie...




This is the Mommy in training at our house! She is so funny and somehow always intuitively (spelling?) knows when Mommy needs an extra pair of hands. Actually, ALL of our kids are great at this, but she really goes the extra mile sometimes. I was having a very bad day, trying to get all of us dressed and ready because I had a doctors appointment. Of course everything that could go wrong did and Lauren and Emmy were not cooperating. As you can see, Lauren did not want to get dressed and have her hair done. She is very hard to get out of her swimsuit these days. Madison helped me PRY her off of the eliptical machine!!! I got them all ready and came in to finish blow drying my hair. When I came back out to the toy room I found Maddie holding Emmy in the bean bag and she had gotten her to sleep. I guess she started crying in her swing and Maddie took her out and rocked her to sleep. She is going to be a great Mommy 25 years from now (at the soonest!!!).

3 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I love seeing the kids be sweet to the littlest family members. It makes such great memories and will help offset all the mean things they will unfortunately remember too. Just life. I guess a new swimsuit would be better that pajama bottoms, yes?

Gray Family said...

You do have the sweetest three older children ever - we just love Maddie too - we miss having her in our primary classes but Paige loves having her in her class at school - she is also a great friend - it must run in the genes.

Anonymous said...

Lauren is definitely a handful, glad that Maddie is there to help you and she is so good to do it! I love the things that the kids can do to help me, even if it is just taking shoes to bedrooms, etc, still saves me some time!