Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Breakfast for YOU...


At the last minute Kevin and I decided to treat the kiddos to donuts at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast this morning. I had already asked Maddie to please set the table and she did such a great job. We decided to surprise them so when I asked her to please go put all of the stuff away she asked why. I told her that we weren't feeding them breakfast today and they could eat a big lunch!! She was not happy:( Then Daron came in and I told him to get his backpack ready to go and he said, "but we haven't had breakfast". I said, "no breakfast today". Then Kaitlin, and so on and so on. So, we loaded everyone up in the car, even Tess, who rides in carpool with us in the morning, and headed to the Dunkin! We had them going though the whole time that school started early today and all kinds of reasons, and Kevin was loving it of course because he lives for that kind of stuff! We pulled into the drive thru at DD and Daron was SOOOOOOO happy and Madison said, "this is the best day of my life" and kaitlin asks, "Next are you going to tell us that I don't have to worry about my tests at school today because we aren't going?" I said, "yeah, we're skipping school and going straight to Disneyland!". I WISH!!!!!!!! So did they, but we dropped them off at school. Daron ate like 5 donuts and I think everyone else had 3 each. He was in heaven and asked for another and I said no because I thought he'd be sick for sure and we'd get a call from the school nurse!


I did find it hilarious at the way Kevin drops these kids off everyday and you could tell how funny they think it is. He pulls up to the drop off curb and says, "go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, etc." while the kids pile out laughing and screaming and joking. He is a fun Dad! I was cracking up because everyone was looking at our car because they were all so loud.

5 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

Those little surprises are the best. It puts the whole day in a new perspective and lightens the load immeasurably. Good idea.

Anonymous said...

This totally made me chuckle! And I needed a good chuckle!

Gray Family said...

Could you pick me up next time? We love donuts for breakfast! Yumm-O! What great parents you are!

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

What a fun morning...it's too bad that we don't live closer I think Kevin and Jeremy would get along great!

Jacque said...

I bet the teachers really loved you putting the kids on a sugar high, as they peeled them off the ceilings....LOL!