Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Things Kids Say...

You know as a Mom there are things you must repeat over & over again, it's inevitable...Well, today Maddie comes running in as I am changing the "screamin demon" (aka: Emmy) and she says very rushed and excitedly, "Mom... I know you're gonna lose your mind, but Lauren just fell and hit her head on the tile"!!! I must say that one a lot huh!!! She even said it with how she perceives my TONE to be, and I 'm amazed she didn't include "friggin' because usually it's "I'm gonna lose my friggin mind"!!!! Good thing the majority of my "regulars" these days don't include cuss words right?????

You all wanted a post right!!!!! Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season so far. We have been CRAZY hectic and that's really my reason for the blog MIA!!! We just found out we are hosting Kevins office Christmas party for 50 peeps here at our house which adds to the crazy a bit, but it's been fun making arrangments and coordinating, the kids all have book reports, poems recitations, oral reports and MEGA Biography reports (Kaitlin) due this first part of December, which is nuts! Plus all of the usual butt load of daily homework! But I know it's all worth it...it's an awesome school and all of the kids love it (most days!).

Anyway, my house is decorated beautifully thanks to help from Mom and Jade who are lifesavers! I wish I had a camera so I could take pics for all of you, but I will soon. Have a great rest of the week and I'm posting a really simple Peach Cobbler recipe on the Nana blog in the next day or so for anyone interested. I just put it in the oven and it looks and smells so delish!!!!

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Just had the RS progressive dinner here last night. We had the main meal, soup and salad....for 55! We actually set up 7 tables 4 round and 3 oblong! There was even room to roam. I'll put pics on my blog! Your Mom helped my house look beautiful too!

Our Grand Central Station said...

See, a post with no pics is okay! Yes, you are craaaazzzzzy, aren't we all. Just a different kind of crazy for all of us. Enjoy it while you can. Right now you have the best kind of crazy, so hang in there.

bekki said...

Oh I love it. I have felt like that. I'm sure everyone has if they haven't they are not being honest.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I am terrible at cobble. I dont know why it seriously never works out! I'll try a new recipe any day!

Evonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evonne said...

Your blog gave me a GREAT laugh today...the things kids say!!! Your mom is right...you do have the BEST kind of crazy right now. As for the work party, I am sure it will turn out beautiful. Just enjoy it!