
Happy Birthday to my Dad!!! His birthday was on the 17th and we did call and wish him a happy day, but I wanted to do a post about all of the reasons I love him! He is such a great man and has always been a great example to me. He is such a straight arrow and I admire him for that. He is never wavering and what true conviction and will power this man has! I have always thought I was a lot like my Dad in many ways, but I wish it were in these ways! He is always willing to help out no matter what needs to be done and he works very long hours already during the week, but he helps out anyway. He takes such great care of my Mom and is a great Dad and Grandpa. We (all of us and our kids) call him Grumpy, instead of the traditional Grandpa, but it is a term of endearment for sure! He loves to fly his plane and take the grandkids up with him and dreams of flying the pipeline someday when he retires, combining a little bit of work with something he loves to do. He is so generous in so many ways and such a hard worker and I hope he knows how much we all love him!!! I hope that he had a great birthday and that he remembers all year how important he is to me and what a wonderful patriarch of our growing extended family he is!!! I love you Dad! :)
3 comments:
He is such a good man. I appreciate your birthday shout out to Dad. I had him read it and he suddenly got something in his eye.
In this pic of him I think I see where Emmy get her chin. LOL.
You forgot what a great BROTHER he is too!!! I have always been grateful to have such a wonderful brother.....I've always looked up to him, in more ways than one! I've known him longer than you, and I agree with everything you said!
Gee busy! Your table turned out so beautiful!!
Post a Comment