Friday, July 16, 2010

Little Girls Room...

It was time to update rooms! I sold a lot of stuff from all of the kids rooms before moving and gave a lot away too. Most of the decorations and bedding from the little girls room went to K&D's aunt Ashley. She is super sweet and has a cute little 1 year old daughter, so she made out!!!

Anyway, I have been trying to do a Mary Englebreit room forever and finalloy had pulled enough stuff together!

Granny made the dust ruffles for these "short" beds and shortened all of the fitted sheets to have them stay put! I am looking for initials to put on the headboards and some pillows or a slip cover for the brown sleeper sofa (circa 1970's??? from Nana's house and we used to sleep on them at sleep overs back when they were bright grass green with wild yellow and orange flowers!) in the next few months if I can find them. And I ordered 2 posters from the ME store that are coming in the next week or so to finish everything off. And, found a limited edition ME paperdolls print on sale for $20 bucks on craigs list all framed and matted!!! So, going to get that Tuesday!


Waiting to find a cheap poster frame for the bottom pic... Walmart insn't just around the corner anymore!


The gold frame has a twin (over by Emmy's bed) and came from Jade who used this pic and the knight at her wedding 10 years ago!!!
So, this is Laurens side of the room and the pictures reminded me of her. Tawna and I save our cute calendars that Granny has a tradition of buying for us each year and Tawna still had this one from many moons ago.
I was soooo excited to get it since it meant saving $$$$... I went through and picked pics that reminded me of L&E...

The white frames are being reused from the old room, but I added yo-yo flair!!! Made all of these yo-yo's for hair and then decided they'd look so cute on the frames so I guess I'll need to make even more!




Polka dots were stolen off of big girls dressers (vinyl) and I combined them with some hanging fairies and cute quotes from the calendars to make a decorative wall...



The little girl in the pink dress was Nana's and given to Madison before she died and a handkerchief from Grandma Pearl is folded underneath this cute girl that was given to Lauren on her birthday last year. We miss those ladies!!!











Got these pillows on a major clearance at Hobby Lobby when in AZ... I spent $10 and got 4 throw pillows for these gilrs beds!
All in all I think I spent about $100 to do their room!!!! AWESOME! They love it too. Lauren came in when I was taking pics and told me so! The only thing I'm thinking about adding is flowers on the wall ever so often. I'm going to cut fabric flowers out of a few different patterned scrap fabric in 2-3 sizes and starch them to the wall here and there. It will be cute and make it even more girly. I'll post the outcome later!

3 comments:

kaitlin said...

i absolutly LOVE those pillows and that bedding!!!!!!!!! it looks amazing taya, you do such a great job!

Anonymous said...

luv it! turned out so dang cute!!!

Our Grand Central Station said...

I love the short beds. They are just too cute. Everything is turning out so well. I love it when a plan comes together!