Granny & Grumpy got to be here for Fathers Day Weekend. Jade and Granny had come down the Sunday before so that Jade could do some FFG regional assistant training with Kevin and Granny came to help sew dust ruffles for the little girls short beds. So, at the end of the week Jade left, Granny stayed and Grumpy flew his plane over for the weekend!!! It was awesome that he could do that! We hung out, had good food, watched a movie somewhere in there, and toured the town a bit!






Emmy was happy of course to be there and SAD the minute it was time to go! Classic Emmy! I often think it's not worth it to take her places because I know she'll scream in the end, but it's still worth it !



Kevins Fathers Day present he bought me! He said he just wants it full of cookies ALL of the time!
Emmy was happy of course to be there and SAD the minute it was time to go! Classic Emmy! I often think it's not worth it to take her places because I know she'll scream in the end, but it's still worth it !
Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Kevin and I spoke in Church on Fathers Day and both did great. He is such a good speaker and really knows his stuff. He's funny to boot, so people laughed and got to know the real him!!!
Grumpy and Kevin took Lauren on a plane ride after we all had a lovely nap!!! It was her first time in a plane EVER!!! She had been begging for a long time to go and loved it!
The Elders came for dinner that night and we had Roast, potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, carrots and rolls!!! Kevins favorite (or at least one of them) and Grumpy likes as well. Thanks to Granny for cooking ALL of it! I made homemade cookies for dessert. Kevin showed the Elders the egg trick... and it did not go well! Elder Whimpee (yes, that's his real name, I am not calling him a whimp) squoze (real word??) about 5 eggs and broke every single one. That's not supposed to happen, just refer to Daron's science project post. So, I had much to clean up and Elder Whimpee's tie was stained with egg, so Kevin sent him home with a new one he had just gotten!!! He was pretty happy about that new tie thing and it was good laughs!
No comments:
Post a Comment