Saturday, July 26, 2008

Granny & Grumpy...

My Mom and Dad have really been working just as hard at our new home as theirs over the past couple of months. They come over and hang all the stuff on the walls, decorate plant shelves, donate furniture and christmas stuff, etc. that they aren't wanting anymore, come to make dinner with the kids and bring all the stuff to do it with...etc.,etc., etc.

Well, last night they do it again! My mom brings over all of the fixins' to make her and Dad's yummy stacked enchiladas and pudding parfaits for dessert. She had the girls help her make the pudding and put them into the pretty parfait dessert cups that she gave us on a previous trip. They had a lot of fun doing those. Then Daron came in and helped slice the olives for the enchiladas and had fun helping and talking while he worked.

Then, as if that isn't enough work for them...she brought a huge shelf that she was giving to us for our family picture wall and had Dad anchor it to the wall for us. Papa was here and the two of them worked very hard to get that big shelf hung. We have metal studs in our walls and it makes finding them extremely time consuming. Dad was very patient and got her done!

So then, my Mom paints the shelf black for me and varnishes it ALL before she calls it a night and heads back in to Mesa. She comes in with a truck load FULL of supplies and food and leaves with just her purse. She brought enough food that we won't have to do much cooking for the next 2 days!!

I don't love my parents for what they can do for us, but I DO love them for the time and service they are always so willing to share. It was VERY generous of them to come out and make a fun night for us and we appreciate them and love them!!! They have very busy lives too this past year and it means a lot that no matter how much they have going on, they include us in their thoughts and plans!

Tawna and Chance and Faith got to come too and we loved seeing them. Tawna is always so sweet to help out also and I think I should be more like her sometimes! We are glad we get to see her and the kids often and it is really great for Lauren, Kaitlin, Madison and Daron to have family around all of the time. They have really had a great summer with family from all sides and are loving it!

Anyway, thanks again Mom & Dad....You are the best! The food was yummy and being together was awesome!

(Again, no pics:( Maybe I will get a camera to use for awhile soon!)

2 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

okay, I was going to be nice and send you the pictures I took with the enchiladas. I had a moment of weakness and put them on my blog instead. See, I'm not nice all the time! It was really fun to come see you all. Next time I will come earlier so I can sit and enjoy some conversation with you too. Glad the food made it easier for you for a couple of meals.

Jacque said...

Could you please quit telling all the things your wonderful Mom and Dad do for you????? Some of my kids read this blog!!!!! You are very, very lucky!