Monday, October 4, 2010

10 days Cruising with My Sexy Man!!!!

This was a trip that Kevin earned through the company he works for.   They do a cruise every year and invite all who qualify for a "FREE" vacation!  The cruise was the "Canada/New England" Destination and left out of Boston, Massachusetts and stopped Portland, Maine... Bar Harbor, Maine.... Saint John, New Brunswick... and Halifax, Nova Scotia!!!

First Day of our 10 day trip and our 1st cruise ever!!!!  I love that we got some time away together and that my awesome man won us this fun getaway!!!  :)

In Bar Harbor, Maine... we got the  chance to walk around and take in the local flare!  There was a lot of fun stuff to look at while window shopping and lots of people watching.  We were waiting for a  tour bus to take us down to Sandy Beach and Thunder Hole so we ate at a cute restaurant in the outdoor area and... the Lobster was super fresh!

Kevin picking out his lunch...


Our group that all had a craving for the Lobsters...  except me, who had a burger!

I loved the bibs...


Crazy that this guy was swimming around the tank 20 minutes earlier...


Thunder Hole in the National Park a few miles outside of Bar Harbor.  We took a bus from town to Sandy Beach and then hiked a little less than a mile to Thunder hole.  The water was so amazing and the rocks and cliffs were fun for Kevin to climb around on...



Kevin climbed down between these two rocks and apparently it was really worrying some people in our group and around us.  I didn't even go down that close as I know him and knew he'd be crazy... I was right!


Kevin & John being funny guys!  We were in Saint John, New Brunswick this day and walking the town with the Poulsens... and the boys like to be funny and (kevin) raunchy most of the time!

He was telling the Moose to "turn his head and cough!"...

Kevin and Jason posing by an old cop car that was a "bug"...  I guess they weren't supposed to actually open the doors, but Kevin charmed his way out of getting in trouble over it and even got a police patch at the little museum next door...

He had A LOT to drink that afternoon!

Can't take him anywhere!  The people walking behind us thought he was hilarious and took his picture also!

In an old church to look around and we put Kevin and John in the nursery where they belong...:)


This church was 250 years old and had really beautiful stained glass all throughout... and really pretty mahogony wood everywhere as well.

Sitting in a special seat... and trying to be serious for a minute...

The ceiling was gorgeous...



Organ pipes... pretty as well!

The outside of the church... I love the red door!

This day we were in Halifax with the entire group from on board with FFG.  We arrived at the Citadel first...

Kevin was going to try to make this guys laugh because he has to stay an extra hour if he laughs we heard from the tour guide.  I told him not to because that's just mean!

For protection, in case of  a sneak attack I guess the opposition would try to run up the big grassy green hill  up to what they thought was a block wall (shown at the right) and then think there was just  more grass (because of the way the fort was positioned on top with grass all around)... but they would really get to the edge and fall off into the "grass moat" where they'd be injured and maybe shot by the guards of the Citadel.

My cannon is bigger than your cannon...?  This is Rick Dixon (owner of FFG) and Kevin horsing around!




Our guide explaining the 12 pound cannon that goes off every day at 12noon exactly.

Preparing to shot the 12 oclock noon cannon...





This were the cots that the soldiers slept on... 12 to a bunk house.  They were tiny (here they are folded up to allow walk space) and most of the soldiers were only 5'8"  and most were from Scotland.

The big wooden tables were actually beds that were in the guard house.  This way guards could lay down to rest during their long shifts, but not really get comfortable enough to sleep as to stay alert.


After our tour, we got back on the buses and headed to the harbor and boarded this baby.  We had clam chowder and rolls with vegies and dips, and then yummy roast beef sandwhiches for lunch.  Then we got to eat blueberry tarts for dessert... mmmmmmmmm!  We sailed around for a couple of hours and listened to music and visited with friends.

As we were sailing I got a better picture of the Citadel.  So you can see how enemies would maybe think they could run right to the top because of the appearance from the outside.  There would be no warning of the big moat until it was too late!

A picture of our cruise ship from our sail boat that day...

A little tour boat we passed... cute!
All in all it was a really fun trip.  I don't have as many pictures as I would have liked, but we were busy having fun!  We took in the nightly entertainment, a few comedians, magic shows, singers, a newlywed game, etc.  Kevin did some karaoke with friends as we all watched and it was comical of course!  He boogied on the dance floor and jaccuzied... we played a lot of ping pong and ate alot of food!  I can't believe I didn't get a picture at either of the formal nights or the midnight buffet!  I'll so better next time.  It was stressful leaving the kids for 10 days, since we've NEVER done that before, but they were in good hands with Oma & Opa!   Thanks to them for taking our places here for the week and thanks to FFG for the wonderful time!!!!!  I'm looking forward to the next cruise to the Carribean in September... and we'll take the oldest 3 kids as it's a family cruise!!!  Thanks to Kevin for being so great ...He really is very talented and good at his job!!! 

5 comments:

Gray Family said...

Man! What a great reward!!! Again, how do we get in on this? I can imagine it would be hard to leave the monkies, but what a great time it looks like you had!

Taya said...

Kim, it was fun for sure... but yes, hard to leave the kids!!! All the days I wish for a vacation and I spend lots of time missing and stressing about them! :)

Jade said...

Hey!!! So nice to see some pics. I am glad you guys got to vacay finally. And cruising is the very BEST way to vacay in my book. You are adorable!!!

Miss you!

Evonne said...

Taya,

It looks like you two had a great time enjoying yourselves! I know that it's hard to leave the kids, but it is also really nice to reconnect with the hubby and just enjoy being together. One of Josh's friends is having a destination wedding in Jamaica next June. We are going to try and go if our tax return is a good one. I am all excited just thinking about it!


Thanks for sharing the pictures.
:0) I have been thinking about your mom and wondering how she is doing after all of the scary health stuff. Can you fill me in when you get a chance? Thanks!

Love,

Evonne

Aimee's Family Journal said...

10 days alone? ! ! ! I mean really~ Who does that. You are so lucky! I am sure you were happy to be back. But really, what a blast?!