Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Pork Palace...

 Friday afternoon Kevin and I were having the kids clean up the yards and Daron was picking up all of the apples under the trees to throw away.  There were a lot!!!  2 rubber maid bins full of them... so, Kevin called The Pork Palace, a local pig farm, and asked if they could bring the apples over to their pigs.  They were very excited about that and said the pigs would love it.  So, he loaded up all 5 of our piglets and took them to feed and play with the pigs!  He asked if I'd like to go, but I declined!!! 

They all had their rain boots on that day which I guess was a blessing because they really got in the pens with these pigs and were quite dirty and gross by the time they all got home!  Rain boots come clean very easily!  They all came straight home and jumped in showers and baths!!!

Cute piglets...  3 little piggies...


This one reminds me of Wilbur...

Daron, Lauren and Emmy... FPFA  (future pig farmers of America)


Such a fun Dad!!!!  I never think of the things he does!  :)


On the ride home in her lady bug boots!  Crazy hair...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun idea! lauren could play Annie

Our Grand Central Station said...

Sounds like they had a memorable time. Thank goodness for rain boots and you know my favorite part is Emmy's wonderful wild hair! Amazing.

Our Grand Central Station said...

It kinda brought back memories of pig farm road in Okinawa! That's something I'll never forget!