Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Nana Memory...




Well, Granny came out to make bread today like we've been doing for 3 weeks now, and it turned out awesome! She is soooo good to come and teach me and spend her time here. I remember my Mom making bread when we were little and it was the preferred bread in our house. We were spoiled! I don't remember making bread with Nan, but I do know we were around while she was baking bread and we got the first fresh slices spread full of soft butter and then applesauce on top. It is sooooo yummy and only goes with HOMEMADE bread right! Another favorite of mine and Nan's was a midnight snack when we had sleepovers with her and Pop, of homemade bread with real sliced cheddar cheese and pickles and mayo. YUMMMMM!

Thanks for helping me make my bread today Mom and for providing me & our family with the same kind of great memories!!!!! I am sending a loaf to Erin & Shane with Maddie tomorrow and also I have packed a loaf in Kaitlin's backpack (secured quite nicely in a perfect sized box) for her & Daron's trip to Texas tomorrow for their family to enjoy!!!!! And let's face it...with me and Kev's "small family" this weekend we could never go through 5 loaves and I REFUSE TO WASTE SUCH GOOOOOOD BREAD!!! I told Kaitlin if for some reason they wouldn't let it through the scanners (who knows these days) that Kevin had to have the security guards hold it for him and he'd pick it back up on the way out!!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you ever have extra in the future...I am in the habit of giving at least 1 away each time, then I freeze the rest and get it out as I need it. It only takes like an hour to defrost and that way no good homemade bread goes to waste!

Taya said...

Yes...good idea! I thought that earlier today that I would definitly freeze rather than waste! Have fun at the dunes this weekend!!!

Our Grand Central Station said...

I think all the grandkids have the same sweet memory of Nana and her pickle and cheese sandwiches as well as the applesauce and butter on bread or toast. My personal fav is cold meatloaf sandwiches. They are the best.

Christy said...

Thanks so much for the bread!! Yum! I can't wait to eat some. Kaitlin says I definitely have to try applesauce!

Jacque said...

I hope when Ali comes, we can make some bread together....It's a fun, relaxing thing to do.

Jade said...

I loved applesauce on homemade bread....it was the best! This week I shall join the breadmaking crew.