Thursday, November 20, 2008

Highlight of my week...















I just wanted to send a little praise out to our monkeygirl! She has made me feel like all of the prodding and sometimes yelling and repeating of things is all worth it and REALLY sinking in where our kids are concerned! A few days ago she did something that sent me into a happy frenzy because I knew it was possible I'd just never seen it done to the extent she took it! The kids have chores that they are assigned every day in their individual chore bins and they are to be done after homework and before playing. There is always whining and having to remind them to do them or go back and do them better! This one particularly glorious day Maddie girl went in and looked at her chores in her bin. She, without whining, unloaded the dishwasher (which was her chore) and then reloaded it (the almighty EXTRA MILE!)!!!! Then my sweet little daughter, went in and grabbed the hand vacume and did an excellent job of vacuming the long hallway (her chore) and also the 2 long runners down the hall (the extra mile again!). And last but not least...she went into the laundry room, put the vacume back on the charger (which never happens in our house) opened the dryer and took the clothes out to fold, put the clothes from the washer into the dryer and started them (didn't even know she knew how to do this) and went on her merry way to fold and be done to play!!!! I was soooooo impressed I had no words! I told her thank you so many times she thought it was funny. ALL of the kids are great but some days they go way above and beyond and I need to be better about making a BIG deal out of it!!! GREAT JOB MADDIE!

3 comments:

Jade said...

She is such a wonderful little thing!! I think that you were truly blessed to have this little "pleaser" in your family!!

Our Grand Central Station said...

Sweet Madison. She is so very considerate most of the time. Whenever I think of the phrase “to be humble as a little child” I think of Madison. I know she has her moments, but overall loves to please and help.

Jacque said...

I would like to hire her!