
My Mom is having a birthday and in true "blog freak" form I am up and blogging about it! She is such an awesome Mom, wife, grandma, sister and friend. She has always been so willing to help out ANYONE who needs it, especially her kids. Like Tawna said on her blog, you can call Mom and ask for help with flyers, handouts, business cards, christmas decorating, canning, bread making, sewing, babysitting, a ride somewhere, etc., etc., etc. and she makes it happen! She is such a talented lady and we have been lucky to have her teach of some of what she knows. I haven't probably told her enough how much I appreciate her, look up to her, and love her! We all do!
I love her pink, red and blonde hair and love that she wears it soooooooo well! Not many people can pull that off... I love that she was and is such a great example to me... I love that she came out to her car once and someone parked so close to her that she had to get in on the passenger side and she was so mad that when she finally got into the driver seat she opened the door a few times and banged it into the persons door so they'd think twice about boxing someone in again.... I love that she says things like, "I felt like throwing the jars that didn't ping into the street and setting them on fire and then running them over with my truck, but instead I made apple pie out of them".... She's FEISTY... I love the outfit she wore to take me for Beauty School registration when I was 17 and it was a DOOZY... I love that she teaches me how to make yummy soup and sometimes just sends a whole pot of soup home with me... I love that she's a DUNER... I love that she talks so sweet to squishy... and loves to hold her and feed her and give me a break... I love that she loves christmas music the most and especially her MANHEIM... I love that she wants christmas music played at her funeral no matter what time of year it may be... I love that she has sworn all of us to put, "I'm off like a fart in the wind" on her tombstone someday (many, many, many, many years from now of course)... I love that she LOVES to read great books and then I get to borrow them (Daron, Kaitlin and Maddie really love this too by the way, they said so)... I love it when she cracks up sooooo hard that she's crying...
4 comments:
Apparently you come by your blog freakishness honestly. I'm up too - putting together my choir notebook and sign-ups for the RS Christmas Progressive Dinner. Thank you for the complimentary post - further evidence I really am crazy most of the time. I love you.
I found a new Mannheim CD at Sam's Club today. Can't wait to listen to it. Love the cake -
That is just the funnest post! She is such a great lady, and is the mirror image of you! What a funny thing. My mom wants Christmas music played at hers too.
Very nice tribute!! Maybe I might have to put a happy birthday mom on my blog. I never do tributes, but I think I should start!!
Happy B-day to Sherry! You are great! I ditto everything taya Said! After you, they broke the mold! You are truly one of a kind!!! And I mean that in a good way!
Post a Comment