
This is what my family is doing at 8pm on a Saturday night. Woo Hoo!!! We all woke up between 5am and 6am this morning for different reasons, but Maddie had soccer pictures and a game all before 9am so that was out main motivation. We had Faith & Chance here for a sleepover and they were going to the game with us. Kevin brought Roxy for a little while and before the actual game started decided to take her home and come back because she had gotten some play time in. So, he took off with Roxy (our german shepard), Lauren and Chance about 7:30am and was supposed to return for the 8am game with no problem. PROBLEM... Lauren threw up ALL OVER the car on the way back to the game. Kevin had to pull over and get things under control. Good thing she didn't have much in her stomach because of the early hour, and thank goodness NO MILK!!! So, he called my cell and gave me the low down and said he was parked in the parking lot and Lauren and Chance were watching a movie in the car and from where he was parked he could still see the game going on. Maddie made the first goal her team has gotten so far this season and her first goal ever!!!! We were so proud of her and she was excited because her Dad, Shane, promised her a real gold necklace if she made a goal ever. She has really gotten good at controlling the ball and getting it turned around. Anyway, Lauren was sick all day, Maddie played with all the neighborhood gang, Kevin helped a friend fix a pool pump, I got to go to Ali's bridal shower for a few hours and see my Mom and Sisters and have a break, I made some rice for a really fun Luau our ward is having tonight for the adults that we are having to miss, and now everyone is fast asleep but me!!!!
I guess what I'm trying to say is oh how my Saturday nights have changed over the years. But you know what? I wouldn't trade them or go back...I love being with my family and they just all look so peaceful like that!!! I am happy we got to spend time together today and I am missing Kaitlin & Daron and hoping they had a great Saturday too!!!!
2 comments:
Yes, the things that make us happy are not the same a few years into real life. I wouldn't trade any of it either. Glad Maddie did so well today. Proud of her too.
I love lazy Sat. nights they are the best I sometime wonder how I survived staying up so late on the weekends when I was single. I wouldnt trade my life for that it makes me tried thinking about if.
Post a Comment