
Well, it was a good Saturday filled with soccer games, a trip to costco for diapers, laundry soap, and a pizza lunch at the food court, naps, yard work, etc...but we had a fun day together Lauren, Kevin and me! At the end of the day about a half hour before Lauren's bedtime Kevin and I were watching "The Deadliest Catch" on discovery channel in the family room and Lauren was watching "Toy Story" in the toy room. We heard her crying all of a sudden like she was hurt, (she has different cries you know...) but there were no other noises and she had been laying on the couch in there with the lights off. We ran in to see what was up and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. Kevin stayed in there with her and layed down to watch her movie with her until bedtime. Then, about 15 minutes later he calls out my name and says," her eye is busted open!" I went back in and it was split open right under her left eyebrow! It wasn't bleeding a lot, it just had blood on it and she only cried for like 1 minute. So, either she is super tough (which from past experience I am doubting) or it wasn't bothering her. Kevin took off for Walgreens to get liquid bandaid and I took some pics. When he got back I had to hold her down (not an easy task a she is VERY strong, so I held her while she sat on the counter against my chest) so that he could doctor her up. She slept good though all through the night and woke up happy as can be but her eye is swollen and has the beginnings of the black & blue coloring this morning! It makes me feel bad for her when I look at it but she acts A-OK!!!
3 comments:
Oooops! I remember when I was 9, Curt was 2 and he was jumping on the bed in our hotel in Switzerland. He banged his eye in about the same place as Lauren's, but needed stitches. Not so fun in a foreign country, and you don't speak the language. Nan and Pop found a hospital, and she stayed with him while the Dr. stitched him up. He never cried or moved. Kids can be tough. Glad she's okay.
Ohhh noooooooo!! Thing like this just cannot be avoided. I'm so sorry it happened!
Ouch!!! It hurts just looking at Lauren's owie :-( What a little trooper you have there! Hopefully she will heal up nicely...and have a story to tell when she is older.
Post a Comment