
Okay, so Kevin and I have been working a little late into the nights on some paperwork and things that need to get done and with as much as he's working during the day, that's the time we have to accomplish some things. So, you couple the nights we work with a lot of insomnia going on otherwise and Taya is getting a little grumpier every day. The sleep is getting less and less and the brain is working tooooooo hard for that to be happening! Anyway, we went to bed about 2am and my lovely little Lauren Pearl comes "happily" down the hallway from her bedroom to ours at 4:30am or so. It's still dark outside so my general rule of thumb is about 6am or when it's light I will get up with her, but before then she gets put back into her bed and told that it's still night-night time!!! Well, she came back in about 10min. to 5am, so I brought her downstairs and put on Happy Feet. I gave her a bowl of dry cheerios and a sippy cup of apple juice and thought, I've done my part and now I can lay here on the couch and sleep while she watches her movie. No deal...she was shoving cheerios into my closed mouth and climbing all over me. The grumpiness grew and grew. Finally I changed the movie to Enchanted and thought I'd have a fighting chance. Then she did what she always does during this flick...her cute singing & dancing. I love to watch her because she really is very good and knows the songs and dances well because this has become her favorite movie and we watch it 2 times a day sometimes! Funny how I was convinced I was gonna be ticked all day for lack of sleep and something so simple has put a huge smile on my face (and even some laughing) before 8am!!! I do love her and think she's a sweet girl... but she wants what she wants & NOW!!!! I wonder who she gets that from????
6 comments:
I don't blame you for not being able to stay mad. That is pretty cute. I still need to see Enchanted!
Thats so funny. 4:30 I think I would have died hopefully she took a good nap for you.
Taya,
Yes, your memory is correct...even though you are lacking in the sleep department! Today is my 33rd birthday, so thanks for the happy birthday wishes :-) I am having a very nice day so far, and I am sure it will be a nice night. All of us are going out to a restaurant called Tomato Street for dinner. They have AMAZING baked spaghetti and awesome bread pudding for dessert. I love BAD food!!! Oh well...you only live once! Have a great day...and try to get some rest.
Love,
Evonne
Ok, I'm slow. I didn't even know you were expecting! Congrats on another girl!
I too am so puzzled about where that attitude of immediate gratification comes from at her age. I simply can't think how that happened or who she “got” that from! Gotta love it. Don't forget to video that sometime. Those are precious moments for sure.
That is so great! I have had those expreiences too. So tired you might just throw up! It makes life fun, when things happen that you don't expect. And I think it makes me remember, that I am becoming more and more like my mom! Oh no!!
Post a Comment