Sunday, April 27, 2008

Heartburn & other Highlights from my week...


Heartburn has pretty much taken the pleasure of eating just about everything this week! And, the pleasure of getting the few hours of sleep I was sometimes getting at night. I think I've consumed a bottle of TUMS this week to no avail and no end in sight. Is this what I have to look forward to for the next 3 months??? Fun stuff...
Anyway, what else has been going on this week? Kevin took me to see Baby Mama on Friday afternoon and it was good medicine for me that day! It is a really funny movie and I highly recommend it. It was a great date, thanks Kevin! And him and I got the opportunity to go to my cousin Ali's wedding reception last night out here in Queen Creek. Ali is a day younger than Tawna and me and now her anniversary will be 3 days after both of ours also! Kind of funny how that worked out. The reception was really nice and her and Jeremy (and her 4 new sons)!!! looked very excited to finally be married!!! It was fun to visit with family for awhile and see people we haven't seen in a long time.
Madison played in one of her soccer games yesterday morning and Papa, Grumpy, and Oma got to come and watch with Kevin, Lauren and me. She always does so great in her games and has turned into such a good player. She has skills! When her soccer pictures come in I will post one. They are the "Blue Thunder" this season. On a side note: Lauren is grounded from going to the games because she wants to go out on the field and get Sissy! And, when we don't let her it's a huge tantrum time. NO MORE!!
And, a huge bonus this week and most of last week...Daron has been calling home at 1:30pm on the dot every day on his way home from school. We got the kids cell phones for christmas with the thinking that they could call or text us whenever they got a minute and it has been great! He's so cute and tells me how his day went and everything that's going on that night. I can pass it on to Kevin and we feel more in the loop!!! Thanks for calling Daron...We love you!!!
So, that's my week in a nutshell.

3 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

Heartburn is no fun. you could try the vinegar route - a shot of vinegar in water or apple or cran juice. works for me.

It's great you hear from Daron so often now. Gotta love it!

Evonne said...

I had a prescription for Zantac when I was pregnant with Nathan and it was wonderful. My sister is 33 weeks prego and she takes it when her heartburn is really bad. You might try and call your doctor about it. Hang in there...it will all be way worth it when you are holding your little one in your arms! :-)

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Taya, it was so great to see you while I was in AZ! Everything went by so fast it seems like I hardly had any time to talk to you! Looks like you guys keep busy and have lots of fun!