Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One more thing...My Nana




One more thing about Easter...OK maybe 2 more things. I wore a set of my Nana's jewelry that day and really felt her close to me Sunday. It was fun to wear and have everyone compliment on how pretty it was. I loved telling them it was my Nana's. The last time we all saw her and spent time with her before she went into the hospital last year, was Easter Sunday. She always made holidays so special and everyday for that matter. She was a wonderful woman and I miss her a lot. I think about her everyday for sure, but holidays have been a little tougher this year for all of us. Sweet Papa has sure been missing his bride, but he (and we) know that we'll all see her again someday and she's still watching us and helping us! I personally like to think she's playing "ring around the rosies" and "planting a garden on their backs" with her 3 new great grand babies waiting to be born!!!!

Another thing Nana always did is set beautiful tables for our holiday get togethers and Sunday dinners, etc. She has a closet/pantry full of dishes, stem ware, napkins, place mats, everything you can imagine at her house. She always let us kids take turns picking out the stuff to set the tables and it was a big deal! I try to make my tables pretty and know, because of her and my Mom, that it's family you do this for, not only friends. Family dinners and time together are special. So, above is a picture of my Easter centerpiece for dinner and we used the pink chargers Nana gave me a few years ago and also my Pastel Lily china my Mom & Dad bought for me years ago. It was all very pretty and eastery!!!

5 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

What a sweet post about Nana and family. This is a really hard time for all of us I know. Odd how just knowing how much everyone really does miss her helps me deal with my emotions just now. I guess it's because I realize I'm not alone in my sorrow. I love you. Your table was really pretty, and your family all looked so beautiful in their Easter finery. I love seeing those simple traditions carried through to the next generation. Ties that bind.

Anonymous said...

I miss her sooooo much! It really has been hard as we approach the anniversary of the time we found out and then the day that she passed! Holidays have been hard!

Melanie said...

That is so sweet about your grandma and the necklace was beautiful you need to wear it more often.
Mel

Evonne said...

Yes, your Nana was a wonderful woman. I still remember going down to the kitchen and making our gool old pickle and cheese sandwiches. She was more than happy to have me there along with you guys, and treated me as one of the gang! I am sorry for your loss. I think that she would be proud of your beautiful family, pretty table decorations and happy that your wore her necklace and earrings. I have one of my grandma's rings, and just like you...wearing it makes me feel closer to her as well.

Sarah said...

What a nice tribute to your Nana. And you did look beautiful on Easter Sunday, for sure.