Thursday, March 6, 2008

80's "Princess"... I'm Starting to HATE theme days!




Okay, so today it was 80's day as the theme. Are the people who are thinking of these "fun" theme days giving any consideration at all to us parents. Now, my normally tortuous morning routine of trying to get my first grade, 6 year old style icon ready for school has been even more difficult. Madison tells me last night she wants to dress 80's and wants a side pony. But, we actually go to get dressed and fix hair this morning and I get meltdown. So, I tell her to choose are we dressing up or not it's her choice. She again chooses yes. We eat breakfast, call Dad to say good morning and are sitting by the door waiting for carpool and a meltdown happens. I guess I am just not getting it. I think we will not be participating in "theme" days anymore as I cannot take anymore drama in the A.M. I do think she looked way cute though and so 80's!!!! And, we even incorporated the princess crown for the 3rd day in a row!!!! I love her...but she definitly tests me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world of the past almost 4 years! Faith started this phase waaaaaaaay too early. We have been battling over hair and clothes forever. We have finally come to a peaceful place and I hope that it stays this way...at least until she is a teenage, then there is sure to be more trouble!

Our Grand Central Station said...

It's a good thing kids are so cute, otherwise we'd never let them live to adulthood - right?

Thanks for the email on why Easter is so dang early this year. I knew the Equinox and Passover had something to do with it. It's a good thing I will be long gone before it's this early again. It's just wrong.

kanagaroo said...

Ha! I feel your pain. I used to sing "Ding Dong the witch is dead" each and morning when "she" left for school. It only lasted about 8 years. Just take a deep breath and hold on!