Monday, March 3, 2008

Dinner & A Movie...




Well, my sweetie has been hard to peg down for anything lately. He has been swamped with work and really busy trying to get everything done. We had made plans Saturday to spend some much needed time together, sans kids, and it didn't exactly work out the first way we planned or the second.. but then I took matters into my own hands and we had a great date night after all. He was helping a friend out at his office and didn't realize how late it was getting and he knew that I had dinner plans for the two of us and called me in a panic at 8:30pm. I knew he was trying to get home asap and told him it was okay. He picked up a movie for us at blockbuster and I made us a candlelight dinner up in the sitting area of our room with candles and the whole shabang! I tried a new recipe I found on my Aunts blog and it was soooooooo yummy that I am going to post it on mine for all of you to try. Our menu included... Honey Pecan Pork Chops, buttery mashed potatoes, fresh asparagus, tossed salad, and cherry cheesecake for dessert! So, even though our date didn't get officially started until 10pm or so, we had fun being together and doing two of our favorite things...eating good food and watching a new movie! I love my husband and it wouldn't matter what we were doing, I just like to be with him when possible! (the pictures are kind of blurry because of the candlelight I think, but you get the idea...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is awesome that you two didn't just give up on your date that night! That's what it takes to have a fun, loving marriage! It just doesn't matter what you are doing, as long as you are together!

Our Grand Central Station said...

Ditto. Its not easy getting through all the crazy stuff that eats into our days. Keep it up. I love you