Monday, March 17, 2008

New Plants and a SNAKE!!!!!




My sweet husband surprised me with 3 new plants that he new I would love out by the pool for the summer! He brought me 2 calalilly (spelling?) plants and 1 white madonna bougainvillea (spelling?... I am too tired to know how to spell these)! Anyway, we worked out in the back yard all day with the kids and played and swam and it was fun to have everyone together. We even found a snake about a foot deep into the dirt where Kevin was planting by a drip line. Of course me and the kids freaked out and had to get a picture. Jade and her boys came for a visit and that added to our fun. She did my hair for me for my birthday coming up and that was awesome of her! Thanks Jade! Thanks Kevin!

4 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

What kind of snake - not that there are any good kinds - was(?) is(?) it. I hope Kevin killed it, or it may go looking for a new home inside your home! UUUkkk. I'm glad about your plants though. I personally love both calla lilies, and bougainvilla (any color). They will be gorgeous in your back yard.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

ICK!! Even that picture made me sick! What did you do with it. Please tell me it found itself being struck with his shovel?

Evonne said...

Wow! I would not have been thrilled by that snake either. It is(or was???) huge!!! My boys had a garter snake for awhile, but it was tiny so it didn't really bother me. Just seeing your family in the pool makes me miss the desert even more. We are still getting a few snow flurries here in the evenings! If only I could be in Arizona...

Anonymous said...

Faith saw this story on the blog and her comment was "I am NOT ever moving to Queen Creek". Little does she know there could be all kinds of wonderful stuff in the amazon that is our backyard!:)