Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Little Worried...




We were at parent / teacher conferences today and as Shane, Kevin and I were standing there waiting to go into Maddie's classroom we were talking about Maddie Girl a bit. She has been talking about a boy named Reese lately, which I found out is spelled Rhys (but I'll get to that in a minute...) and also the fact that Maddie keeps saying she wants to be a tomboy??? What does this mean exactly??? I asked her definition of "tomboy" and she says it's like when you're half boy and half girl. Well, I didn't like her definition, so I asked what that meant and she says she likes to do sports and stuff but she's a girl too. I said "tomboy" means a girl who likes sports and games and playing with the guys and not being a Prissy girl!!! So anyway, the 3 of us are having our discussion and looking at all of the art pictures hanging on her classrooms bulletin board in the hallway by their class door. This is when we come across a disturbing picture of a boy standing in the kitchen (I can only assume because there's a fridge) killing a chicken with a sword and blood going everywhere!!! Further into our talk we notice the name on the picture says... ( to all of our horror I might add) ---RHYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAK!!!! I told Shane to straighten her out about Rhys on the way to soccer and dinner tonight and no boyfriends now or ever!!! Maddie's picture was very sweet though... if you notice the whole family was drawn quite nicely even the little head I am holding, which is Emmy I am assuming!!! Good job Monkeygirl and you can have a boyfriend in 10 years!!!! And make a better choice... like someone who doesn't slaughter animals in their spare time in the family kitchen!!!

7 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I can't tell; is Rhys wearing a hockey mask? Oh Maddie, hopefully your judgement will improve with age. Tomboy or not.

Jacque said...

Good luck with no boyfriends....lets see you were how old when you had your first one.....hmmmm???? That's like Bill Cosby telling his kids they were grounded for life, trust me, you would be the one being punished! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Freak with a capital "F"! I can't believe that the teacher didn't make him do a different picture to display...it's like the "Everybody Love Raymond" episode where their kid writes a story called, "The Angry Family". Why do kids have to be so crazy??!! Good luck, glad to know mine aren't the only psycho ones!

bekki said...

So what's wrong with slaughtering a chicken I do all the time. NOT. what a crazy kid. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Shane tells her to stay away from him. Doesn't she know boys stink. Poor little Maddie.

Kathy said...

A little worried...I'd say so. That picture was scaaaary!

Melanie said...

okay that is so dang funny, I am suprised the school even hung that freaky picture up

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Too funny! I have to say having four boys swords and guns are common things to draw around here...a few Sunday's ago I stopped Jake from drawing one in church and he said, "But Ali..it's Nephi's sword!"...lol!