Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kaitlin's 1st New Beginnings...






I know that these pics aren't the greatest, but had to post. Kaitlin is loving Young Womens and had her first New Beginnings program last week. She had a part in the program to tell about Divine Nature and part of the whole group that sang a pretty song. They also highlighted her since she was a new Beehive this year. That was funny! She always gets so embarrassed or nervous about standing up in front of people which I think is nuts since she loves to act and sing! Anyway, Kevin and I loved going and being a part of this. It great to get to spend the one on one time with her and see how she interacts with all of those girls and her leaders. Her leaders can never sya enough how much fun she is and always the life of the party! That is definitly Kaitlin! She did a great job on her part and we can't wait until next year!!! Now, we just have to get started on those goals for her Young Womens Recognition award..... we'll get right on that! A couple of the Mia Maid girls that are tall chicks also, turned around at one point and told Kevin and I that they wanted her to come play volleyball with them. Then afterwards during the refreshments the came up to Kaitlin and gave her a hug and introduced themselves and told her the same thing. She was a little shy, but I could tell it made her happy that they were older and interested in hanging out with her! We'll have to get them together for some volleyball soon hopefully! I thought they played sports in young womens... do they not do that anymore????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe that she is in Young Womens! If you ever need help with her goals give me a call...it is really more intimidating than anything, she can use things that she is already working on, just sit down and set a goal regarding it! Good luck Girl!

Our Grand Central Station said...

She won't have any problem with the goals - she is already all about being involved in good and worthy things. Volleyball will be fun for her. Glad some of the older girls will get her involved in things like that. You go girl!

Jacque said...

Kaitlin is sooooo lucky to be a "tall chick"! What I wouldn't give???? I've starting shrinking, or I lied for a long time that I was 5'4"! Dumb Dr. office tells me I'm only 5'3 1/2", so, that's the reason I'm fat! I knew it wasn't my fault! If I was 5'10" I would be skinny!

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

I loved young womens...what an exciting time for her...and the pine wood derby...we are apparently behind here in Canada (where they call it the Cub Cars)we haven't had ours yet but it's coming up! Lots of fun!