Thursday, September 4, 2008

She MUST Be Even Sweeter Than We Thought...

Okay, I have been crying for 2 days over this and some of you may find that fact ridiculous and others will know that it is classic Taya!!!! The other night Kevin ran up to the store and Lauren, Emmy and I stayed behind to get ready for bed. I got Lauren ready and put Barbie Swan Lake on for her to watch for a bit and then I went on to Emmy. I got her pj's on and everything and walked by Lauren in the toy room, who was ballerina dancing and singing like the movie, and went into my room to make a bottle and feed Emmy. I sat down in the rocking chair and after a few minutes I had a feeling to call out to Lauren because I wasn't hearing her anymore and usually I would because our house echoes so badly. No answer. I called out one more time to her and still no answer. So, I stand up with Emmy and bottle and go to see what she is up to. She was not in the toy room. I walked through the house and found the back sliding glass door open and Lauren is outside playing with Roxy (our dog). She sees me and beelines for the door because she knows she should not be out there. I made it clear that was a "no-no" and then I put her and Emmy to bed. Well, she came into our room that night at some point and Kevin took her back and tucked her in again. We didn't think anything of it because she has done that a few times since Emmy was born. So, the next morning she comes happily tootiling into our room and hops up on our bed ( a 6am ritual) and THIS IS WHAT WE SAW...








I panicked completely because it is VERY disturbing to see your 2 year old COVERED in mosquito bites!!!!! It is insane to think that any one person could get bit so many times. We are thinking she must have walked or ran through a swarm of them or something out in the back yard. And, as everyone knows especially out here in Queen Creek they are EVERYWHERE since all of these storms have hit!! I really have been crying for 2 days about it and finally got her in to see the doctor today and he says, "she seems absolutely happy and fine so I'll give her something to help heal these up faster and take the swelling down but just keep doing what you are doing and she'll be fine". I told him that yeah she's okay it's me that needs help!!!! Anyway, I feel better since hearing him say she's gonna survive. This to shall pass!!! I do love her and don't like seeing any of my kids in pain or looking like they may be in pain! The moral of the story is thrice: 1) No one at our house is allowed to open/unlock the slider door ever again so she doesn't get out. 2)USE repellent at all times you are outdoors in monsoon season in Queen Creek. And, last but not least 3) I NEVER would have made it as a pioneer mother!!!!!! Final count of bites per leg: 61 on the left and 43 on the right!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Poor thing oh that has got to itch so bad. It makes me itch looking at it.

Jacque said...

Poor little thing! We've been here 2 summers, and we've never seen mosquitos like this! I just go out to get the mail and I get 2 or 3 bites. They fogged our neighborhood last week, it's a little better. If they haven't fogged you guys yet, call, and have all your neighbors call too! Then they will get there pretty fast.

Our Grand Central Station said...

Smart Dr.- I'm so sorry you both have to go through this, but as you say, this too will pass.

Jade said...

That looks Awful! Poor little lauren! I am so sad that you both had to go through that! but, I totally understand the crying for 2 days thing. Do you think it's genetic??

Taya said...

We did call Maricopa County Health and Town of Queen Creek's main offices and were told that they have tester traps out in our area and if the tests come back with high enough levels they will be fogging. But they also said that even with the fogging the mosquitos are breeding faster than they can kill them!! We will be buying A LOT of bug repellent in the meantime!

bekki said...

That is so sad. i think if we have a play date you guys should come to our house.

touch of glass said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe that. Poor girl.