


I've had a lot of you ask about the chore charts our kids are using and we just updated them and hung up the new versions. The kids are responsible to follow these charts throughout the day and check off the items they have done. It works out great in the morning, for instance, because our whole house wakes up at 6:30 am, I get the time I need to deal with Lauren and Emmy and the kids get themselves ready and their rooms clean, etc. The girls sometimes need help with their hair and if they come and ask me I will do it. Then everyone is to the table by 7:30am for family breakfast, where we have our daily scriptures and prayers. Kevin and the kids leave the house around 10 minutes to 8am. It works out pretty good actually. We hit a few bumps at the beginning of the school year and then we cracked down!!! We had a family meeting and told the kids that it was their responsibility to get these charts followed and done every day. They are earning a trip to Disneyland by completing their tasks daily and getting an initial in each box. They have to have a certain number of boxes initialed in order to earn the trip. And, of course they earn privaleges each day after their tasks are completed. If their things are not done, they keep working on them before anything else gets to happen that day in the way of playing, games, computer time, friends, etc.! Thanks to Granny for making our charts and keeping them updated for us, thanks to the kids for trying so hard to do a good job of following them and being great kids and thanks to my husband who is with me 100% on this!!!
This works really good for us but I did just hear of a system that my cousin Ali uses with her family that seems to be a great program as well. It's a book called "Accountable Kids", and I believe she bought it at the LDS bookstore. If anyone is wanting information on that please visit her blog by clicking on it over on my sidebar under family and friends!!!
Good luck to all of the Moms with whatever system they use! We all need something, right???
2 comments:
LOL! Taya..I am so glad to know that I am not the only one out there who needs something...your mom did a great job the charts they are beautiful. I have to say it does make all the difference when you have a supportive husband...yeah for involved dads!
Boy, do I remember the days, and we didn't have technology to help make the charts, just colored markers......Great idea, whatever works huh?
Post a Comment