
Okay, so everyone was up getting ready for school and Miss Kaitlin has to be prodded out of bed much like every morning. She, the most of all of our kids and truly her Father's daughter, LOVES her sleep and much is required!!! She has to get up and this makes her extra sad this day. She is up now and looking for the jeans she wants to wear and realizes they are in the dirty clothes. This makes her sad. I try to help her pick a different outfit and nothing is as good. This makes her sad. I ask her to do her hair and this makes her sad. Her Dad in his funny way, trying to get her to laugh, helps her do her hair (which was hilarious by the way) and this makes her sad. My point, is that EVERYTHING made her sad that day and this is not true Kaitlin form. She is always so happy and bubbly. She will be 12 in November and we all know what that means!!! She's just getting a little more emotional than usual and growing up.
So anyway, I tell Kevin we need to send her back to bed for a "mental health" day off from school because she was just not herself! It was 7:30am and back to her cozy bed she went. Of, course, there was no fight on her end about getting to dive back in! She must have been tired even though they are in bed by 8:30pm every night, because she slept until 11:30am.
While she was sleeping Lauren kept going into her room and I did not want her to get woken up before she was good and ready as I didn't want a replay of the morning, so I turned the door lock on the inside side of her door to be locked so Lauren couldn't get in. About 12noon I get a phone call from Kaitlins cell phone . I answer and she asks if she can come out of her room. I said of course, and she told me that she was locked in. I laughed hysterically because all she had to do was turn the lock and come out. She thought I had locked her in there because she threw such a fit that whole morning. I asked her have I ever locked you in your room??? NO!!! I got a good laugh out of it and we moved on to lunch.
I made her her favorite lunch which is tuna salad on crackers and some nectarines. It was yummy and fun to have lunch together just me, her and Lauren.
Then, I was walking by my purse and heard my cell phone beeping. I picked it up and had 4 missed text messages. I looked at the messages and they were hilarious. They went something like this...
11:25am I am hungry! Can I come out or is this a punishment where I am not aloud to leave my room because my head hurts! S.O.S.! Starving! Me! Starving!
11:30am Oh great now my stomach hurts!!!!!!
11:34am I am sooooooo sorry for my rude behavior today. I really should be more considerate of others. And, I promise I will be more respectful of others. I feel soooooo bad!
11:38am I have been awake for an hour!
Then, she called my house phone from her cell phone in her bedroom to ask me to "unlock" the door so she could come out!!! HILARIOUS!!! We all Laughed for quite awhile about this at the dinner table that night. Kaitlin included. All she needed was a little more sleep that day and she was good as new. We all have days like that and our kids are no different and I guess we need to remember that as parents!!! We ALL need a day off once in awhile or five minutes to yell and get it out of our system or a day to cry...but as long as you can laugh about it later it's all good!!!!!
3 comments:
Ranks right up there with the girl that got grounded for a month because she wouldn't wear a coat to school in the winter time! Go Figure!
That is too funny. What a good mom to let her stay home. My kids had to be running fever or something major for me to let them stay home. I am selfish I guess!
Yep, you're a Mom!
Post a Comment