

Well, we were out of just about everything Friday night and I didn't know what in the world I was going to make for dinner. Mom came over with a humongo flat of eggs & a gallon of milk, both from costco, and some SAF yeast from Chars probably. Yeah Granny!!!! I needed the yeast to make bread because someone moved mine into the door of the fridge and when it opened it came crashing down and shattered all over my kitchen floor. I'm still cleaning up yeast!!! Anyway, I made Chef Brads White Bread recipe for the first time (which I did like and so did my two little picky bread eaters). So, we had a lovely Friday night dinner of over easy eggs and homemade hashbrowns, courtesy of my sweet husband (gotta love a man who cooks!), and toast, courtesy of moi!!! It was yummy and I sure appreciate nights like that! I'm going to start making the bread every week with half white flour and half wheat flour to get Emmy, Lauren and Madison used to it. Maddie like the wheat for toast, but not for sandwiches. Kaitlin and Daron LOVE the wheat for everything. Lauren and Emmy only like the store bought crappy white. But they did love this white bread crust and all. So I'm gonna try this trick and ease them into it!
2 comments:
That looks so very good. I agree, you gotta a love a man who cooks. I know I do. Good plan for the bread conversion. I know over time all the kids will grow to love the wheat bread - it's so very good for them. Maybe they won't remember that part, but their bodies will.
Yummy! I love homemade bread. I need to start using wheat flour. Its just so much better for you.
Post a Comment