Saturday, June 20, 2009

No A/C, Bad for You, Good For Me... (& a sleepy Emmy)







Aunt Heidi and Uncle Bryce came from Maricopa to stay the weekend with us because their A/C unit is out. While I was sad for them, I'm glad they came to stay! It was a fun break for all of us to get to hang out together. We stayed up Friday night and watched "Taken", which is awesome by the way and I've seen it 3 times... then today they treated us to a movie and lunch! They were an awesome date! We called Tawna and she let us drop the kids off and off we were to see Star Trek. It was really a good movie and I am in no way a trekie! They did a great job with it! Then we picked the kids up and headed off to Red Robin. Heidi had never been there, so that's where we went. It was so good and we shared our bottomless fries with the little chicks and all was well with the world! On the way home Emmy just could not keep her eyes open for one second longer and it was hilarious... so we had to tease her a little bit and Aunt Heidi was trying to pull her eyes open for us!!! As any mom knows, if you let let fall asleep in the car for even a few minutes, they are ruined for the really good nap that they'll take in their crib when you get home! We tried, and failed... her eyes would not open! But the good news is that she was so tired that she still went right to sleep. YEAH!

Anyway, thanks again for the fun day you guys!!! You can take us on a date anytime... :)

2 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

Sounds like a fun day. I too thought Star Trek was excellent, and I AM a Trekkie. In all my years raising small children, I still know of no power on earth that can keep them awake if they want to sleep. I wish I could say the same for me. She is just too too tired!

Unknown said...

How fun to have Heidi and Bryce visit! I wish we lived closer so we could have fun times together. You really should come to Cali to visit us.