I'm sitting here on the computer doing my grocery list (ad matching!) and Maddie walks in from having quiet time. She says she has a headache (it's part of the flu bug going around our house this week!) and I told her she should have rested during quiet time rather than watching movies in her room. She says, "but Mom I didn't watch movies the whole time, I talked to Nana too". To which I was a little taken back obviously. I asked her what Nana said and she said that Nana just listened while she talked. I asked her what she said to Nana then and the answer came back, "that she could always be with me and that I love her and miss her". I cried, of course. She does love her Nana so much and misses her. She found a picture of herself and Nan & Pop at christmas when she was about 8 months old. She said she loves that picture and the one of her and Nana at Easter later that year at 1 year old. Gone for now, but definitly not forgotten!!!
4 comments:
Okay, crying again. These last two months have been so very hard. What a tribute to Nana that we are all still missing her so much with no end in sight. I know I will see her again someday, but I surely miss her now. Everyday.
Ya...I read this last night before bed and it made me cry....and now again! Though, there are times I can remember something about her and not cry! A good sign! I know it is sad for the kids!
Hey, Taya--i have a new blog address.
grandma-kathleen.blogspot.com
Thanks, I needed a good cry!(I don't know why, because I am a huge crybaby lately.) She will most definitely live on through all of our memories, and even our kids. Too cute!
Post a Comment