Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ode To Motherhood...

I just had to post about this for myself so that I'd remember, since this blog is kind of a journal for me. I was sitting on my bed today helping Maddie do her weekly blog update and then Emmy started crying so I went in and picked her up out of her swing. I brought her in and laid her on my lap to hang out with Maddie and me for awhile. Then Lauren came in with a bottle of bubbles from her goodie bag handed out at Chance's birthday party yesterday. She really wanted me to do the bubbles for her, NOW!!! So, here I am spelling out words and telling Maddie where to put the spaces and punctuation, while rocking Emmy on my lap, and blowing bubbles for a very impatient Lauren (and Emmy was NOT happy because sometimes a bubble or two would land on her and pop). I had to stop and laugh because I heard myself say outload to Lauren, "I am only 1 person Lauren and you have to be patient", yet here I was doing these 3 things at once. I know all you Moms out there know where I'm coming from. Having kids is a lot of work and some days are definitly crazier than others, BUT I wouldn't change it for anything. I sure love them all!!!

1 comment:

Our Grand Central Station said...

Yeah, I can't wait til you get to do a science project the night before it's due, get your church calling done, juggle the other kids and teach a painting class. Motherhood is the best! you are doing a wonderful job and setting the example for the girls in your home to aspire to.