


We went out to lunch last year on Nana's birthday which was a couple of months after she passed away. It just seems right to get together and think about her that day!!! So, we did it again this year and it was a lot of fun. It was Emmy and my first outing since we came home from the hospital and it was good to get out and visit with family on a special day! Lauren had a blast even though she had a low grade fever for some reason. Thank you to Aunt Tawna and Granny who helped corral her to stay at our table, which is no easy task. She is so social and loves people. She wants to walk around and talk to everyone, even strangers at all the different tables. We went to Mattas originally and ended up leaving because they are a STUPID restaurant now. Gone are the good old days of Mattas and now it is being boycotted by us!!! Anyway, before we left I was having a discussion with an ignorant waitress and turned around to find Lauren not sitting by me anymore. I was frantic at first but then realized that she was sitting with a table of four strangers right behind our table and they were laughing hysterically. Then on the way out of the CRAPPY restaurant we ran into the Hatch girls and their Mom and I was standing there talking to them by their table and Lauren climbs up onto Cozette's lap like she was her best friend, so we all got another good laugh. Then in the parking lot when trying to decide which NORMAL, CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED establishment we would be eating at instead Lauren climbed into Aunt Stacie's car and I again was frantically looking for her and we all laughed. The girl definitly knows what she wants!!! So, I let her ride with Stacie and the boys to Gecko Grill where the employees were AWESOME and we all had a great time!!! Thanks Granny for planning a fun lunch date for all of us and helping us have a tradition of still celebrating Nans day!!!
1 comment:
It was great fun and I'm so happy so many were able to come. I guess we've outgrown the current establishment of Mattas. too sad since we've been going there since most of us began. Oh well, we had a great time and got to honor Lacy that day too. next year we'll go to another Nana favorite: Sweet Tomatoes. Lots of good memories there too.
Post a Comment