Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010...


Us... relaxing and watching ELF after girls were tucked away for the night!

So... Kevin and I are solidifying xmas traditions we want to carry out for our family and I think we've pin pointed them finally!  Well, at least for the years we have the 2 little girls only.  We spent the day together doing last minute stuff.  We made sugar cookies in the shapes of stars and sprinkled them with yellow sprinkles after they were frosted.  Beautiful!  Lauren was a crack up during the whole cutting out process.  Emmy did not participate!  Then we fed the girls and they got baths and got to put on their xmas jammies!  Emmy gave me a huge hug & kisses when she got hers put on... they were very cozy!  They looked cute!  They came in and snuggled up for cookies and we watched the retro xmas movies (Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, etc.) and then got cookies and milk put out for Santa and water for the reindeer!  We took a family pic by the tree... not an easy task... and then put them in bed!!!!  It was a fun day and kudos to my sweet husband for making our xmas a little more like we're used to in AZ by doing Italian sandwiches for me!!!  I have had a hard time with holidays over here without extended family and he has put up with my cruddy attitude about being far away from them at holidays!  I know it's what you make it even when you can't have all your family around and he helped me remember that!  He made excellent sandwiches and it felt like xmas!!!!!  I love him for SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many reasons and he's my hero!!!  We missed all of the kids tonight for sure, but are happy they are having fun with their other families!!!  All in all it was a really good xmas eve!!!

Lauren getting ready to bake!

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Cutting with her new star cookie cutter...

look at all of that flour on her knees!  She was having a blast though...

After baths eating their cookies and watching retro xmas flicks...



Emmy sneaking just one more...

Italian sandwiches stuff!!  I love this tradition that my Mom & Dad have done all of these years!


Mine... just the way I like it!

Kevins... his way!

Mini Family!  Emmy revolting!

Santas Cookies...

Taking water outside for the reindeer...


Goodnight...

Sleep Tight!!!

2 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

What an excellent day and night. Those cookies look delicious. The sandwiches too. Good traditions help carry us through the thick and the thin. That's why I like traditions so much. Looking back over the years, I can't remember the thick from the thin. It's all good.

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun! we should've done sugar cookies when my children were little but never did. sorry, kids!