Saturday, June 21, 2008

Heartburn & a Thoughtful Son...

Well, heartburn reigns right now throughout the hours I should be asleep, and last night I'm thinking that the chili cheese fries that Kevin and I shared at Johnny Rockets didn't help my dilema! So, I was up pretty much all night off and on. Lauren's usual routine is to come in so very sweetly to my side of the bed (usually between 5-6am) and talk to me very softly until I open one eye to look at her and ask her if she had good sleep. Then she pulls me out of bed by one finger and tells me "this way" while leading me out of my cozy bed and room! She requires a bowl of cereal and a cup of milk right away and Mickey Mouse Club House of course on Disney.

Well, this morning I fell asleep around 6am and she still had not surfaced from her room. I was kind of in that half sleep us Mom's do, probably for self preservation, because I knew she'd be in sooner or later and thinking I'd get to sleep really... was a long shot! But, when I heard her door open and her little chubby feet coming down the tile hallway floor, I also heard Daron whisper, "Lauren, come with brother and watch Mickey Mouse". How sweet is that??? He went in and turned on the TV for her show and I got to sleep for awhile longer! When I got up and told them good morning he said he gave her breakfast and a cup and changed her diaper even. I looked down at her diaper and it was changed and the new one on backwards. Now that takes talent! I told him how much I appreciate him and how nice that was to be such a great helper!!!

2 comments:

bekki said...

How sweet is that. Ryker decided to help me out today and put Sailor's swim suit on for her of course it was on backwards but who cares he help. I say right on Daron way to help out.

Our Grand Central Station said...

That was a sweet gesture Daron. You can be a really big help when you are kind and thoughtful like that. Good job.