


My little sis Jade came to Mesa this Friday and at the last minute I scored a few much needed haircuts for the kids!!! She is such a good Aunt to do that for us. Daron was starting to look like the wolf man and Kaitlin has been begging us since she got home for the summer for a "short A-line" cut. Her hair had grown really long and it's very thick and pretty but a lot for her to handle. So, we told her she could choose and she loves it. She says it feels so much better and her head feels like it got lighter real fast!!! She looks very cute and grown up! When she was getting her hair cut Lauren kept going over to her and hugging her legs and saying, "you okay Katy?". It was hilarious. I think she thought it must be hurting Kaitlin to sit there and there were scissors involved too! Then on Lauren's turn, it took me holding her down so Jade could cut and then she went to blow dry it with one of those round brushes with built in blow dryers and Lauren freaked! She does not like blow dryers! (when you look at the pictures please take note that no Lauren Goodwins were hurt during the hair cutting process!) She is a drama queen for sure. Daron's haircut looks great and in his pic you can also see some of his new basketball clothes. Kaitlin had a Camp Rock party at her friends house and Maddie left to go to California with her Dad and Step-Mom and sister, so it was just Kevin, Daron, Lauren and me. So, we went to Johnny Rockets for dinner and then took them to target where Daron picked out the cool new basketball duds. He has a half court in the back yard and loves to play and I guess these clothes are made from a special material that keep him cooler while playing. Yeah!!! And Lauren had to pick out some pet shop animals. She loves those things. They are great for the church bag and keep her very entertained for sacrament meeting. Anyway, that's how we spent our Friday night and I wanted to tell Aunt Jade how much we appreciate her for coming to beautify the kids!!! Thanks Mom and Papa for coming to visit also. The kids love seeing you all and so do we!
5 comments:
Love the cuts. I think it is funny how Lauren was freaking out. Sorry I had to laugh. I feel sorry for you that you had to hold her down.
Everyone looks awesome! Jade is the best...we are so lucky to have her talented self in our family! I actually have another sister that went to beauty school and she is very talented as well! Maybe you know her???!! :)
Cute cuts. Lauren cracks me up
I just have to say, I love the new haircuts. Yours looks especially nice. It took me awhile before I was able to go short with my hair...but I absolutely love it now. I can't believe how much Jade looks like you and Tawna!
I so wish I had that Baby Blues cartoon about the Hair Rodeo. It was the best and aptly applies to the blow dryer brush episode. I would have it framed for you, and Tawna.
Post a Comment