




I know I've been a huge slacker with my blogging, but I've been a moving maniac, fat & pregnant, and have 4 kids that are keeping me VERY busy from the moment the sun comes up (thank you Lauren) to way too long after the sun goes down!!! We have moved into a new home in a great neighborhood about 3 miles (?) southeast of where we were at. So far we Love our neighbors and will be going to our new ward this Sunday for the first time. It's hard to leave our old ward and we have to cut the strings!!! It is a great ward and we will miss it a lot. We have met a few of the neighbors here though and had a surprise dinner brought over one night and brownies another and people coming over to offer help for moving things in, etc. So, I feel good about our new area and we are close enough to our friends we are leaving behind to still see eachother often!!
Kevin and some laborers worked very hard to move every bed, piece of furniture, all of the boxes, garage stuff, pictures, everything, all in one day!!! We are bcoming very efficient movers if I so say so myself, which is too bad since this was our LAST MOVE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
The kids have all been good sports too and great helpers with the moving part. We have had to put off our normal summer routines and charts until this week finally and they've been patient. Let's face it though, they've not been lacking in the fun department either!!! They are lucky kids and we love them!
Kevin and I thought the picture of the back yard is funny because a few weeks ago I posted Daron mowing the lawn at the old house and now in the picture of him mowing the lawn at this house, you can barely see him. He is the spec..."where's Waldo" in our HUGGGGE back yard!!! A few hours after he and Kevin tag team mowed the back 40, they were at Home Depot and Daron was checking out the riding lawn mowers. Smart kid!!! He came home and told me all about them while I was making dinner.
Granny & Grumpy and Papa even came over to help out with hanging all of the decorations and pictures and even brought lots of awesome stuff to add to our collections. The kids loved having them here and we had dinner together and Grumpy played pool with Daron and Maddie. Mom decorated our kitchen plant shelves beautifully and her and Papa helped me pack up the kitchen and move it over on the initial moving day too. They all were a huge help and we appreciate them immensely!
All in all, it's been busy and hectic doing this whole moving thing, but we are all very happy with our new home and plan on being here for the long haul! Here are some pics of the main part of the house and I'll post bedroom pics later when everyone isn't sleeping in their beds!
3 comments:
If I ever have to move, which I really hope I do NOT, I am enlisting you two to come do it for me! If you are not pregnant, of course! It is looking wonderful!
You have a beautiful new home. I can't believe how much you have gotten done already!!! You were obviously highly motivated! Not too long and you will be bringing your new baby girl home.:-)
Your house looks very nice. I need to come over sometime and sneak a peek. We will miss you but hopefully you will enjoy your new ward.
Post a Comment