


We took the day off from everything and just enjoyed eachother today for Kev's birthday. It was so much fun! We had eggs, homemade hashbrowns, toast and fresh squeezed OJ (from our trees out back) for breakfast. Kevin actually made us breakfast on his birthday because I cannot make the over easy eggs to save my life!! Then we hung out and played a couple of rounds of Rummikub together. Then lunch and nap time for whoever wanted and play time for whoever didn't. Then some whiffle ball in the back yard where the kids each wished Kevin a happy birthday in their own personal way by hitting him while he pitched the balls to them... Kaitlin got him square in the groin and dropped him like ton of bricks! Daron got him on his left nipple and it was bright red for a long time! Maddie got him on the shoulder, so not so bad. We laughed so hard when Kaitlin got him though, it was great! He'll live!!! Anyway, then we cooked dinner and Oma & Opa joined us for BBQ chicken, german fried potatoes, steamed broccoli and birthday cake. I made a pumpkin caramel and cream cheese cake and it was soooo yummy! A day off with his family was all he wanted for his birthday and it was awesome!
4 comments:
Happy birthday Kevin!! Love the cake Taya!! it looks good!
I think I smelled the BBQ from my house! Glad you had a great day!
what a way to spend the day!
I know you had a good day, cause I can see it in the pictures. See, birthdays aren't so bad!
Post a Comment