I don't know if you have heard on the news about the car accident on Friday nite at Sossaman and Elliot rds. that two little boys were killed in or not, they were some of our extended family. It is the Grandsons of Aunt Kay and Uncle Eddies daughter Sandy. They lost little C.J. and Nolan. They were 11 and 6 I believe. Their parents were also injured, their Dad, Frankie, had glass in his eye, he had surgery and they hope they can save it. Their Mom, Tracy, has a fractured pelvis. She is still in the hospital. There was a friend in the backseat with the boys, and she is still in ICU, I don't know her prognosis. It is so sad. Tracy and Frankie had 3 children. A few years ago, they had a baby that only lived a couple of minutes after birth. They have had so much sadness lately, Frankie was hurt in a very bad ATV accident, and was in the hospital for quite awhile. He lost a lost of work recovering, and not too long ago they lost their house because of him not being able to work. They are currently living with his grandparents. I can't even imagine losing all of your children....it's so heartbreaking. Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers. Their names are Tracy and Frankie Smith. As you can imagine they are having a very hard time dealing with this. I wish I knew their friends name, but I don't at this time. Gramma Dorothy was telling me about the little boys. She said they were really cute, sweet little guys. The older one, was a straight A student, and I guess was really good at baseball. They had lots of friends. Hold your families close.....
My thoughts...
I feel very sad for Tracy and Frankie today. I can't even imagine what they are going through and we will keep them in our prayers. It is such a reminder to me of all of the many blessings that I have in my life. We have had a rough year in more ways than one, but have had soooooo many blessings this year at the same time. And, even our trials this year have been blessings in disguise in many ways! I am very thankful to my Father in Heaven for my sweet husband and his positive diposition and drive to keep our family going no matter what, our children for the fun each of them bring into our home and family, and for our our extended families and the lengths they are willing to go to help us and how much they love us! I am very grateful for our health and safety today especially. Like Jacque said...hold your families close. These are the things that REALLY matter!
2 comments:
Hey!! I have to say, when Papa told me about this I was amazed at how immediately sad I felt. I didn't recall their names or faces, I cannot even say for sure that I had met them. But, this is something that crosses my mind anytime my whole family is in the car. Call me a paranoid freak, I know. But, I do. I always have to check to make sure the kids belts are really on. Then, I have to argue with Jeff for 4 to 5 minutes to put his belt on too. But, it crosses my mind almost every time we are in the car. Such a sad time for them.
Heart breaking enough about all of the tough time they have had lately but how totally devastating this recent blow is! I just spoke to Tracy at Walmart a couple of months ago and we caught up a little bit. Breaks my heart!!! If anyone is reading this that knows of anything we could do to help them during this hard time please let us know!
Post a Comment