Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011...

We stayed in California this year for Thanksgiving and got to have our friends Mark & Sarah and their cute boys, Weston & Tanner join us!!  It was such a fun few days with them visiting!  They knew about 6 or 7 months ago they would be getting to come over for Disneyland the same week and we invited them for the holiday with us.  Wednesday when they got here Sarah, an awesome photographer, took some Goodwin family pictures for us.  We were short one Madison, but will do a fantastic job photoshopping her in!  We left space for her where she will be standing, sitting, etc.!  We went to an open field with lots of trees, a vineyard on one side and the mountains in the background, so I'm sure there will be beautiful scenery, as if my children and husband aren't beautiful enough right!?!??!  Anyway, it was fun to see the kids running around having fun there.  Then when we went to leave EVERY child of mine was crying in the car, except Daron... who was not being super cooperative in his own way!  Oh the joy!  Kaitlin had gotten hurt when the chair was being put into the back of the car :(... lauren and Emmy were probably sad they had to leave the field that was so fun... Daron was being SUPER loud and telling them to STOP... and I backed into the van behind us, I think due to the CRAZY inside the car!!!!!  Thankfully, my hitch only dented their license plate and cracked the plastic license plate frame.  We took pics, left our phone number, etc.  and were on our way finally!  We stopped in Solvang at the Farmers Market and walked up and down checking out all of the good stuff.  We bought strawberries, cheese curds, and lots of pistachios!  They were ALL so good!  Then we came home and made Tri-tip, lemon pepper cauliflower, fried garlic potatoes, and asparagus YUMMMMMM!   Then we had Crepes with strawberries, bananas, chocolate and whip cream for Kaitlin!  It was a fun night and we ended up watching a movie before bed.  The next morning about 7am Kev and I woke up to start cooking.  He got the turkey stuffed and ready to roast, I started the sweet potatoes.  He did the broccoli salad and then got dressed and took the Heinles and Daron, Lauren & Emmy on a drive up Refugio and then to laurens favorite park... with the gingerbread houses and the tire swing!  They were gone 3.5 hours and I LOVED THAT!  Just that the kids could get a lot of much needed energy out... and Kaitlin and I got everything decorated, cleaned up, cooked, etc.  and ready to eat pretty much when they got back! 
The day was very peaceful and so much fun to hang out with our kids and friends!  After dinner we watched Super 8 (really good for the whole family!) and rested our tired feet and full bellies!  My camera stopped working halfway through the day so no pics of the family or friends, but the food made the cut!  Thanks for coming our way Mark & Sarah!!!  We are gonna visit you sometime or meet you halfway in Park City... let's plan it!

Kaitlins creative place cards!

Our table...

I had to take one from ALL angles!

Another...

This was a tea cup from Grandma Schnepf... i loved it on my table!  I put it down by my place! :)

Our yummy food buffet... complete with cute Turkey art provided by Maddie (who we missed dearly)...

We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, sweet potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, broccoli & tomato salad, and rolls... then later... Homemade apple pie, cherry pie and pumpkin pie!

Daddy and lauren headed STRAIGHT to the coach for some lazy time after getting up from the table!  I think their bellies were full!

1 comment:

Our Grand Central Station said...

You did an awesome job on your table. It was beautiful! All the food looks delicious and I love the food name cards and the name place cards. I love it when things come together for making it a day to remember. Glad you had such a good day.