Here's her cake...
(These pics are backwards, but she had her cake after dinner and me, Daddy and Lauren sang Happy Birthday to her! We actually sing to wake up the birthday kid, and then ALL day... she loved it!
She got one of her favorite lunches, an uncrustable pb&j... and some fun playtime in the back yard...
She lounged and ate popcorn (another favorite) and watched a movie with lauren...
And, got cake for breakfast that morning even.
Tawna, Faith and Chance had been here for a week long visit and were leaving the morning of her birthday, which fell on a Thursday. I reminded everyone ALL week her birthday was coming up and the night before that it was the next day. Then, I was the first one out of bed that morning and heard her cooing and talking to herself, like always, and went in and laid on her bed with her to snuggle. I totally forgot it was her bday though!!! So, we're up for about 30 minutes and go in to wake up Daddy. Jump on the bed and he rolls over and scoops her up with a big hug and kiss and says, "Happy Birthday my sweet Emmy!"... I suck!!! I felt so bad! This is how you know you're too busy somedays or losing brain cells or something!
Anyway, Emmy keeps carrying around boxes of Betty Crocker cake mix from our pantry since moving here. Every day I must pick up or take one away from her to put back at least 5-6 times. So after giving her hugs and telling her I was sorry, I marched into the kitchen and proceeded to bake her a yellow cake for breakfast!!! Tawna and the kids were packing up and got on their way and shortly after Emmy, Lauren and I were eating yellow cake for breakfast!
We were supposed to have a family party since the kids were coming home 4 days later, but that's a whole other post! Sidenote... Tawna, I had so much fun while you were here that I forgot to take pictures apparently! What's up with that? Thanks for coming and we hope you can come again and bring Nate! If you have any pics forward them to me!!! :)
Anyway, can't believe Emmy is 2! She started acting it at about 1 1/2 with the terrible 2's in full swing! I love her with all of my heart and she's the apple of Kevins eye!
2 comments:
I'm sorry I missed out - but glad she had such a happy day. I guess she needs her own apron so you can have your's back!
Happy birthday, Emmy! (oops! i'm late)
Post a Comment