We woke him up by singing of course... and he opened his gifts from us and Oma & Opa. He got 4 new church shirts with his initials monogrammed on the cuffs, a new silk tie, and a Guitar Hero DS game from us. Oma & Opa brought him a bunch of his favorite oatmeal cereal, some cool popcorn on a corn cob, gummy bears and more candy I think. And before leaving Texas, his family there got him a DS. Kaitlin pitched in some of her own $$$ which I thought was really sweet of her! She does love her brother!
He picked
waffles with Strawberries and real whipped cream for breakfast and sliced fresh peaches were on the side! It was soooo good! I think he ate 2 or 3!
He went to Kevins sales meeting with him and all of Kevins agents wished him a happy birthday! Then, they went to have pizza together and hang out a bit!
Then it was home to play and have an awesome spaghetti dinner and...
Birthday Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream from Thriftys!!! We held off on cake for Sunday as we were having a luncheon after his ordination and he wanted cake then.
That's a lot of cream!!! It was an awesome birthday weekend for him. His Mom got to come and be a part of our plans, which included an afternoon at the beach and a yummy dinner for everyone at China Panda! Then he and Kaitlin went and hung out in Solvang showing her around and stayed at her hotel to visit.
We all went to church the next day together and after the block they ordained Daron to have the Priesthood. Emmy didn't want to cooperate so a sweet friend , Leanna, here in our new ward came to my rescue and stayed with Emmy in the foyer so I could be there for Daron. Thank you to her! I love our new ward and friends here! We had 3 families over for lunch, which Daron picked, BBQ Meatballs, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, rolls, mac & cheese, and cake!
It was fun and we could not be more proud of him! CONGRATS DARON AND HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY!!!!!
2 comments:
BBQ meatballs? i need that recipe
I managed to miss Daron's ordination too. I hate missing stuff, but I know sometimes it can't be helped. It sounds like he had lots of support from Oma, Opa, Heidi, Bryce and Mom. I know you always try and make everyone comfortable and make sure they have a good time. You've had quite the summer.
Post a Comment