Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Granny...

So, Thursday the 5th was Emmys birthday and the day Tawna left back for AZ. The next morning when I woke up I walked out to the kitchen and looked at my cell phone. I had 3 missed calls and texts also from Robert. My brother was trying to get ahold of us since midnight because my mom, Granny, had been taken by ambulence to the emergency room. She was talking with Robert in her room and all of a sudden could not move or breath, just completely restricted. She got out the words, CALL 911, to Bob and he did. They came and worked on her a bit and off they went. As they were trying to determine what was wrong with her Bob was sending texts. So at first they thought it was an annuerism and eventually they got it decided that she had a tear along her aortic wall leading down past her kidneys, etc. (hopefully I'm explaining this right as it's hard to understand exactly). They had her at Mercy Gilbert and were going to keep running tests.

Well, Granny & Papa were going to be heading to CA with Kaitlin, Daron and Maddie Monday morning for a visit and to bring ALL of our kids home to us since they were coming anyway. A grand plan, but it needed to change now for sure. Kevin and I made plans to go to AZ and cancelled his appointments for the day, packed up, called the kids to let them know what was going on and were on our way all in the matter of a few hours. It's a lot to absorb and hard to be far away when something major happens in your family for sure! I was a MESS!!! It was a horrible morning.

We got to AZ late, about midnight I think and stayed in Maricopa with Oma & Opa. They were so nice to make up beds and get things ready for us short notice. They also watched the girls for us throughout the weekend to make being in Gilbert to visit the hospital and stuff easier! THANK YOU to them!

We went and saw Mom and she looked weak. They had ruled out surgery at the time because they said they could monitor her blood pressure and she'd be okay. So we saw her on Saturday and Sunday, Attended Jamies Baptism as a family, let Kaitlin visit a sweet friend for overnight, packed up one final trailer load from our move (thanks to Dad and Bob for ALL of your help with that process!) and left Monday morning feeling a little better having been there and seen her. Still worried obviously!

She was released from the hospital on Wednesday I think. She had a HORRIBLE night of sleepless pain, and so did my poor Dad because he just didn't know what else to do to make her comfortable and not hurt. He took her back to the ER, this time at Banner Baywood, which has an entire heart hospital on site, and they admitted her to ICU once again.

He called and said they decided to go in and do surgery and I was VERY worried. I should have stayed in AZ a little longer, but know I needed to go home with my kids. We had a family fast for her as she went into surgery Friday morning, 1 week to the day this all started. She did awesome and the surgery went well. They put about 8 stints in to assist in blood flow, etc. and allow her kidneys to funtion properly and take pressure away from the tear because blood would flow as it should.

It's scary having your mom sick! We are very blessed that she is now home resting with her family and she had good doctors at Banner who finally knew how to help her! I talk to her every couple of days and the kids always keep her in our family prayers as well as personal I'm sure! We LOVE our Granny!!!!

1 comment:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I'm so grateful you all could come. I know it was a hardship, but I did appreciate it so much. Thank you for you prayers, I have needed them and take comfort knowing the childrens sweet faith is a powerful blessing in my life. I love you all so much.

You got everything pretty correct except I thankfully only have 2 stents instead of 8. I'm very glad I only needed 2. I still have to go get another CT scan to make sure all is well in there. Here's Hoping!