Kevin really does work for a great company. They hold 2 contests a year for a fun trip for anyone who qualifies and Kevin qualified for the most recent trip to Daniels Summit in Utah, near Park City. When an agent qualifies for a trip it is an all expense paid trip for them and their spouse!!!! It was a smaller group than ususal from what I understand, about 10 of us all together, some couples, some guys whose wives had to stay home for one reason or another. A little background on his company and the owners... The owners and most of the agents in upper ranks are LDS. This makes socializing with everyone so nice because we all have the same standards, etc.! The owner and his wife live in Utah and could not be nicer people! They have a lot of kids, 7 or 9 I think, and are so down to earth and really genuine.
So, we headed up

to Utah on a Thursday morning the first week of April and spent the day checking out the hotel and visiting with friends. They had all of our meals scheduled through the hotel restaurant which was like eating at Claim Jumpers every day, three meals! I seriously gained 5 pounds!!! Friday and Saturday we had two full days of Snowmobiling, which was AWESOME!!! All the fun of the sand dunes without the heat! Very similar as far as riding goes and the feel of a snow mobile verses a quad. And, I'll take the cold over hot any day!
At the end of the second day of riding they treated everyone to a 30 minute massage, knowing there would be soreness! Kevin spent so much time helping dig people out of the snow, that I gave him my time slot so he coule get the benefit of a longer massage. That's just the kind of wife I am!!! (
and he says I'm not sweet!) At night, after dinner everyone played games together in the common area of the lodge.
It was the very first trip Kevin and I have really been on together without kids where no actual work had to be done, just R&R!!!!! Our 5th Anniversary was coming up at the end of the month so we decided this was a great early way to celebrate!

Me and my man... beautiful view... the scenery was pretty too!

The whole group...

Rick (the owner) doing a party trick for all of us at dinner...

These cowboys greet you on the way into the restaurant...
Check out their beards... I thought Kevin's face was scruffy!

The lodge...




The guys... (L to R) Kevin, Errol, Roger, Brett, and Rick laying on the snowmobile...

Follow the leader!

Me and Barb... :)

More pretty scenery!

Digging someone out...

More trails...

Funny faces after dinner... :)
Anyway, we had a blast and are looking forward to our next all expense paid trip coming up in September!!! Yes, Kevin has already qualified us and the kids for a 7 day New England Cruise!!! We fly to Boston and tour the historic landmarks and sites there for a day or two and then get on the ship for a fun cruise!!! We always said we'd go on a cruise for our 5 year anniversary and now we get to for free! Can't Wait.... :)
1 comment:
It looks like you had a fun time in Utah!! You will love Boston. I would really like to go back and check it out again.
Post a Comment