Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy 5th Anniversary!

We had a very low key but sweet Anniversary this year. Kevin and I decided to get married after talking about it for 3 months or so and there was no fancy smancy proposal. But, knowing Kevin as well as I think do, about a year ago I asked him if he had ever had a grand plan for the proposal... and of course he did! He said that sooner or later he would ask me to marry hime all over again with his "ooficial" proposal.

So, our 5 year anniversary seemed good to him, but the closer it got we had been saving money for our move to CA and he knew he shouldn't spend the $$$. He improvised though and had the kids help out and it was a great surprise as well as entertaining.

He gave the kids a script with parts they played of people we came accross on our first date. We went to an Italian restaurant at Gainey Ranch (oh, sooo yummy!) the one with the special custartd w/ fresh berries gondola dessert and the gondola rides after dinner. Someone on our boat said that a couple on another boat just got engaged... Kevin made smart remarks under his breath to be funny about how the guy should bail now while he still could and "don't do it", etc. and I thought, what a butt! So, in the new skit, with Daron as Gondoleer and Kaitlin as the person telling everyone about the engagement, he said nice things instead!

Then, we went back to his house and carved pumpkins, listened to great music (i love to hear my man sing... and sing with him) and watched a movie. During pumpkin carving we sat accross the table from each other and carved away so that when we were finished we could turn ours around at the same time and see what we'd each done. At the time I had just bought a new (used) ML350 that came with one of those Jesus fish on the back bumper (symbolizing some chrisitan church or beliefs, which is great I just didn't want it there) and wanted that thing off! He knew this bugged me... so when we turned our masterpieces around his was A JESUS FISH!!!!! It was hilarious!!! Then he preceded to take me out to the driveway and remove said fish!!!

So, for the skit he re-enacted this pumpkin carving scene only instead of carving the fish he carved out the words "Will You Marry Me?" and there was a ring inside the pumpkin!!!! Okay... sooooooooooooooo KEVIN!!! That would have been a fun way to get engaged, but I'm just glad we decided to get married and spend forever together! I love him and love our family with ALL of my heart and more! Thanks for choosing me Babe!!!!! I love you more! :)



Pretend this is a pumpkin... honestly where do you even find a pumpkin in April???? So he used this in his skit!

The script! They are all such great actors... no inhabitions...




Pretend this is a HUGE diamond engagement ring! These days a dollar seems to come in more handy, yes?!?!?!?!?!?
Here's to another 5, then 10, then 25, then 50, then 75 and ETERNITY!!!!!

3 comments:

Evonne said...

I thought you might find this link interesting. It explains about the Jesus fish. http://www.gotquestions.org/christian-fish-symbol.html
I really enjoyed getting caught up on your blog today. It looks like you have had a lot of good stuff going on! It sounds like you are about to take on a new adventure by moving! I wish you the best with that. I am sure you will miss being close to your family, but it sounds like the benefit to your immediate little family will be well worth it. BTW, what company does Kevin work for? Good luck with the move. :0)

Evonne said...

Here is one more link that gives more information about the Jesus fish.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys. Just in case you were wondering. :0)

Unknown said...

What a fun time!!! You have such a wonderful family. I still laugh when I think of the way Kaitlin looked at you for confirmation when I told her she could put the dishes right in the dishwasher, without rinsing!! Too bad I didn't get a picture of her.