Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Many Thanks...




The last 2 weeks around here has been absolutely crazy! I want to send out a thanks to all of my family who have helped Kevin and I to travel all that we needed to for Grandma Pearl. Mom has stayed here with the two little girls for a whole weekend, and been up and down the stairs like crazy, cried at, bossed around I'm sure, and... I know the kind of energy and stamina that it takes and I think we broke her a little physically! But, we so appreciate her willingness to come and do that for us! Then, when Grandma passed away we needed to figure out what to do, where to go, do we take kids, do we not? Grandmas memorial was in Palm Dessert because that's where she has lived for the past 30 years I think... then there was going to be a viewing and graveside memoial in Utah (Sandy) because that's where she was born and raised and still has friends and family there. So, we decided to go to PD and took Maddie, Lauren and Emmy with us. We left last Monday and the memorial was Tuesday morning, and we left to come home straight afterwards. Lauren was absolutely horrible during this memorial. I chalk it up to all of the traveling and the short turn around? Anyway, I won't ever take kids to a funeral again!!! So, home on Wednesday and then we decided to go to Utah as well, only sans the kids! So, of course I start calling family to help us out... Tawna consented to take Maddie and Lauren, but had a funeral to get to on Friday in Prescott for our friend Debbie Bates :(, so Jade watched Maddie and Lauren at her house along with Chance and Faith! Thank you to Tawna and Jade for ALL of their help! I am lucky to have sisters who are always anxious to serve!!! I will hold them to it though and repay the favor for sure! (And thanks to Stacie too, who watched 2 of Jades boys, so that we could spread the wealth a bit and Tawna & Mom could get to Prescott and we could get on the road to Utah!) And, Jordyn watched Emmy until Granny got here to our house Friday around 4pm, then they waited for Bob & Jen to come pick her up for the weekend (they were seeing Wicked!) later that night. So, again, thank you Mom and thank you Jordyn for ALL of your help this summer! She has been coming to help out on Wednesdays for movie day with the cousins. She stays here and watches Emmy so Maddie, Lauren and I can have a good time at the movies together! You're a life saver Jordy! And, last but not least, Bob & Jen... Emmy LOVES hanging out with you guys! She is always so happy when we get home and so well taken care of... you both spoil her for sure! You will be great parents some day! So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I like what it says on Jade's header. It's what we try to do. I love you.

Jacque said...

What in the world would we ever do without family. But, a wise woman once told me..."Service is where it's at!" Whether it's to neighbors or family, service is service and that's what we're here for! How wonderful we have a family that practices what they preach!

Jade said...

It is always fun/interesting/eventful/tearful/laughable and a plethera (sp?) of other things when the group is that big. But, worth it. And it was a HUGE help that Stacie was so sweet to have the two older boys over. HUGE!! Thanks for your kind words. I know that I can always count on our family for anything!!