Thursday, July 16, 2009

Maddie...

Setting: Maddie, Lauren and I on our way to the Power Ranch Pool in 117 degree weather... we get there and it's closed for some lame reason, so we head to the other pool there, open- but full of all kinds of people. So, we decide to leave and miss out on swimming that day. Here's the conversation upon driving out of the parking lot...

Me: Sorry you guys, but I guess no pool today...

Maddie: Can we call Terri and invite ourselves to swim?

Me: No, that's rude and I know she had errands to run today...

Maddie: Then can you call Aunt Jade and see if she'll come pick us up in her car and take us to "the Brimhall" (LOL, the brimhall) with them today?

Me: We'll see!

Maddie: When I grow up I'm gonna have a car like Jade and go pick up Kaitlin and take her and all of our kids everywhere together. I like Jades car!

Me: See, Mom tells you guys all of the time to be nice to your Bro & sisters because that's who is your best friends when you grow up! Mommy doesn't know hardly any of my friends still from when I was your age, but I do still know (and love) ALL of my family!

I love it when a teaching moment falls right into your hands. I can remember my Mom telling us this A LOT!!!!! It's true. I have great friends too, but my sisters and brothers are my best friends and the people I call first for everything! When I told Jade about this, she thought it was funny that Maddie thought she'd go give Kaitlin a ride instead of the other way around... and she thought it was cute that this was Maddie's solution for the day!!! She's a cutie!

3 comments:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I had a suburban once that was that kind of car. I loved that crazy car and I loved all the things we did when we went in it. I used to take Tracy's kids to school, drive a carpool, go here and there over many years and I cherish the memories. Maddie will have an “Aunt Jade” car someday, and enjoy all those fun things. She's so cute.

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Love those little moments...I feel her pain though...summers in AZ must involve water for sure!!!

Jacque said...

Family is definately where it's at! I know why we weren't just born in a cabbage patch for sure!