Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sleeping like a perfect child in her "Big Girl Bed"...


When we moved back in September we wanted to put Lauren in a regular twin bed and take down her crib. It didn't work out back then and I think it was all of the change going on at the time. Now there is a sense of urgency with the new baby coming to get her not only out of the crib, but then out of diapers as well! So, Monday morning I told Kevin that I was gonna do it that day. I was going to be tough about it and get her done!!!!! Well, Lauren mut have been ready too because I put her in bed and tucked her in and said "Goodnight---I love you" and closed the door. She never budged! She came out at 2:30am because she thought it was time to wake up. So, I just put her back in bed and said the same thing again (cuz that's what we always say when she gets in bed) and she went bck to sleep. I gotta tell you it was impressive indeedy that my high maintenance "princess Pei-Pei" came through for me!!! It's now Thursday and we have had bedtime and all naps this week in her new bed with hardly a glitch!!!! She's not a baby anymore! She now tucks anything she can find (bottle of nail polish, toothbrush, grandma Pearl's necklace off her dresser, etc.) into bed like a baby, covers and all and says, "Goodnight--I love you" and closes the door!!!

4 comments:

Jade said...

I love it when you update!! considering that when I say, I'll call you right back, it takes me 3 weeks!!!! Princess Pei Pei did soooo good! I am so proud! she's adorable by the way!

Evonne said...

I am so glad that you got your little one to sleep in her bed! That is a big step. :-) I hope that the attempt at potty training goes just as well for you. It would be tough to have two little ones in diapers. How have you been feeling?

Evonne said...

RE: Your comments on my page.
Taya,

Yes, most of the time we are a pretty happy family. This past couple of years have been a little rough. We have had our handful of challenges! Fortunately, things are really starting to get better. Yes, the snow is nice, but I would give just about anything to feel the warm sunshine on my body. I lived in the dessert most of my married life and I miss it. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling all that great. I had a horrible first pregnancy, but my second was much better. Hopefully the sickness will subside soon. Let me know when you find out what you are having, K?

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Look at her room!! Oh my! She is one lucky little lady. Mommy has great taste!