Monday, February 18, 2008

The Day of LOVE....




We had an awesome Valentine's Day with the exception of not having Kaitlin & Daron with us to have our 1st annual Valentine's Family dinner. I made dinner for all of my sweeties! Going out is too hard. Granny came over and taught me how to make her special meat loaf with cheese in the middle. This was Kevin's request. We shaped 3 little meatloaves like hearts in honor of the day. Brown sugared carrots, roasted potatoes and rolls accompanied!!!! I even made yummy brown gravy all by myself, which really impresses me. We had a really good dessert called banana split ice cream pie. What we didn't finish we sent on to the Olson family for all their kids to enjoy!!! I decorated the table really special for my clan because if I've learned anything from Nana and Granny it's that the table must fit the occassion!!! Kevin brought me, Lauren and Maddie each a Valentine balloon a couple days before and the 3 of them made a perfect centerpiece! Lauren re-decorated it ALL DAY LONG!!! We invited Aunt Heidi and Grandma Pearl to join us at the last minute and that was fun!

1 comment:

Our Grand Central Station said...

You are so right! Presentation is everything and certainly makes all the occasions more special.
How fun it is to go the extra mile to let your family know that “no, company is not coming, this is all for you!” If your family is not worth your best efforts, who is? Your table was too cute. I think that short little fire in the kitchen before dinner added just the right amount of drama (only because nothing bad happened). I should have thrown that cord away years ago.