Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Scouting...


Daron and Kevin get to do A LOT of scouting together now since Kevin has been put in as Assistant Scout Master!  They have been having much fun together and with the whole group.  They do a campout at least once a month (much to my dismay!) and learn great things!  Here's a few pics of the campout in February I believe where they had to build a "lean to" tent and start their own fire, cook their own dinner/breakfast with only a few basic ingredients (nothing fance this trip), and build a signal fire, etc.   Daron and his friend Alec put the older scouts to shame!!!  So PROUD of him everyday!!!  Proud of Kevin too... he is so great with the boys!





1 comment:

Our Grand Central Station said...

I'm so glad there are people who are willing to do the scout thing. It is great for the boys to learn how to do all those things. I am not a scout myself, so I can be thankful to others to teach our boys their mad skills.