Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Gift for the Grandparents....

We spent weeks putting together a special present for Granny and Grumpy this year and it was sooooo worth it! Within seconds of receiving them Granny was already tearing up, true to form! I knew they'd love it the minute I heard the idea from a friend of a friend!!! Kaitlin & I made these jars over a couple of days time span... and we tried to give them a bit of personality and flare to match their recipients! Inside the jar are memories, qualities, etc. their children and grankids , each written like a little note individually, that we all admire or remember about them or times together! Granny of course read all of hers within days, or maybe even hours! I think she read Grumpy's as well!!! I wonder where I get this NO PATIENCE gene from?!?!?!?!?






1 comment:

Our Grand Central Station said...

Okay, I have no patience, but because I also have no brain I can read them all again and they are like the first time! JK Even though I do remember them when I read them again, it does a Mother good to "hear" the words again.

Thanks again, we both love our Jars.